I have had my pb for a year now, and have had to put up with my son's slightly condescending attitude towards my bb centric life. He is a fan of android but thinks apple just does everything right. BB's are a dying breed according to him.

So we fast forward to this Christmas, and low and behold his grandma bought him a playbook. He was so excited when I showed him that we could video chat. But, the real kicker came when he said 'wait - can you still see me on your screen?'. I replied yes. He hadn't exited the call. 'oh wow! Cause I'm checking my Facebook at the same time!'

Yes dear. That would be multitasking. Roflol. And we have another convert now eagerly awaiting BB10.
    12-22-12 05:16 PM
    BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love it.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-22-12 05:19 PM
    nice. I just got a ps vita wich came a month after I got my pb. back then I had to choose between both. now I find my self using the vita bessels and its frustrating that they don do anything or that background apps don't showcase they pause man do I still love my pb xD
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-22-12 05:22 PM
    I have had my pb for a year now, and have had to put up with my son's slightly condescending attitude towards my bb centric life. He is a fan of android but thinks apple just does everything right. BB's are a dying breed according to him.

So we fast forward to this Christmas, and low and behold his grandma bought him a playbook. He was so excited when I showed him that we could video chat. But, the real kicker came when he said 'wait - can you still see me on your screen?'. I replied yes. He hadn't exited the call. 'oh wow! Cause I'm checking my Facebook at the same time!'

Yes dear. That would be multitasking. Roflol. And we have another convert now eagerly awaiting BB10.
    I saw a commercial for a tablet. Two of Santa's elves are talking, and one has a Galaxy. The other is surprised when the first elf has "...two apps open...". I loved it!!
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-22-12 05:28 PM
    I'm waiting for a few people who I know are getting PlayBook for Christmas. They know they are getting it but the gift giver won't let them open til Christmas.It would make communicating with them a heck of a lot easier but it is almost that time.
    In a some what related item, when I am on Comwave on the playbook when I go to another app the call goes silent but I don't totally lose the call because when I get back to it the person is still there... They just say the phone went silent.. Weird
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-22-12 09:55 PM
    In a some what related item, when I am on Comwave on the playbook when I go to another app the call goes silent but I don't totally lose the call because when I get back to it the person is still there... They just say the phone went silent.. Weird
    Automatic microphone muting is the likely explanation for the behaviour when you switched away from the ComWave application.
    12-23-12 01:58 AM
    I'm waiting for a few people who I know are getting PlayBook for Christmas. They know they are getting it but the gift giver won't let them open til Christmas.It would make communicating with them a heck of a lot easier but it is almost that time.
    Do you have Showcase active?
    12-23-12 06:39 AM