We still have our 3 playbooks (16GB, 32GB and 64 GB) - my daughter uses the 64GB for her movies and tv shows - but, it's come time to say so long for now. And also, hello to my new Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 inch tablet. We love it - we mostly love all the available apps for it. I can now control my pvr box from where ever i have a wifi connection, and I can download all those fun apps that I couldn't do from the Blackberry store.

To all those that have helped me in the past with my Playbook issues and questions, thanks!
    12-17-14 10:27 AM
    I still have my old unit, but it's been relegated to Alarm Clock status. I suppose it'll stay there until the day it dies.

It always was an under-appreciated device.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-17-14 10:45 AM
    I had 2 64gb units (1 R.I.P.), and it it doing a bangup job as a clock and picture frame.......
    12-17-14 11:10 AM
    Great job, hmm... I should do the same. Use my PB 64 as picture frame and a clock.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    12-18-14 12:50 PM
    Mines a wonderful hydro sucker and dust collector. Thank god I was able to sell the other one.
    12-18-14 01:17 PM
    Man you guys blow!
    Best e-reader possible comrades.
    Period.

Supporting the perplexed struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 12-19-14 at 06:03 AM.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-18-14 02:04 PM
    I am using my 16gig more than ever for regular functions (email, weather, surfing, cameras). Video + Audio quality continue to blow me away. Love the HDMI connection, Google Maps, GPS, always seem to discover something new. The build quality is excellent.
    12-18-14 07:18 PM
    I hate my PlayBook, like above, I use mine as a beside clock and that's about it. I really wish that BlackBerry would release a tablet w/BB10. Other than a clock, I don't even use it to surf bc it's super slow and never understood why the search boxes in the browser lag so much.

Alternative tablet? I will never own an Apple product so I guess that leaves Droid or a Surface.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-18-14 09:03 PM
    For quite a few months after getting a tab3 and surface I found my playbook being abandoned in my desk drawer with an occasional charge to keep things going. Now I am finding myself getting bored of the Samsung and the surface awkward at times to use. So the playbook is back into daily use either for mail, you tube which it is great at and occasional browsing. I never was crazy about a lot of apps and hardly ever use the ones I have loaded.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-19-14 11:12 PM
    Man you guys blow!
    Best e-reader possible comrades.
    Period.

My wife would agree 100%. I have been a fan off my Kindle 2 for quite a long time. I was attempting to get a new one for her (she has had 3) for X-mas. She said she prefers to read on the PB....go figure, I'm happy it is still getting used daily.

Now...
    What the hell do i get her for X-mas?

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-19-14 11:20 PM
    My wife would agree 100%. I have been a fan off my Kindle 2 for quite a long time. I was attempting to get a new one for her (she has had 3) for X-mas. She said she prefers to read on the PB....go figure, I'm happy it is still getting used daily.

Now...
    What the hell do i get her for X-mas?

Posted via CB10
    Passport.

PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-20-14 02:02 AM
    She has a Q5 and that's all she needs for her cell usage. She actually uses it as a phone. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:59 AM
    She has a Q5 and that's all she needs for her cell usage. She actually uses it as a phone. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Women are simpler than they look. If she likes a q5 then I suppose a classic is the way to go.

12-20-14 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    C rack berry has been having some great sells on PlayBook accessories maybe the wife could use a nice new case I finally got one after 3yrs.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    12-20-14 12:26 PM
    C rack berry has been having some great sells on PlayBook accessories maybe the wife could use a nice new case I finally got one after 3yrs.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    I have the Bluetooth Keyboard case. It's good..
    When she wants, the keyboard easily comes out.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:41 PM
    Just "move on" only recently? Seriously?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:36 PM
    I picked mine up yesterday for the first time in ages to see if I could push Spotify through it. The web browser took soooo long I just gave up. I tried another browser and that did the same. Just so slow.

It now functions as a temporary light for when I switch the light off in the living room and have to walk across it in the dark.

All that tech for such a menial job.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-25-14 05:20 PM
    I'm not much of a tablet user, but when I read I read on PlayBook. I also have a new iPad but somehow I don't seem to use it much more than I use PlayBook. Tablet form factor seemingly doesn't fit my computer needs.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-26-14 04:23 AM
    I'm relatively new to BB (intrigued for years, finally took the plunge) and honestly, I avoided e-readers, iPads, etc (have lovely MacBookpro running 10.6.8, Snow Leopard - love that UNIX platform), but until I bought a nearly new 32GB Playbook, a great buy on ebay, I refused to read digital books, because I am a page turner at heart, BUT having said all that, I wanted the Playbook's lightweight portability, the ability to work on word docs and, yes, the Kobo app intrigued me. I now own 3 ebooks and LOVE the way Kobo works on the PB. I'll "ride" my Playbook until it croaks and then will probably find another one on ebay. On wifi I don't notice slow, not really into lots of apps and gaming. What I love about Blackberry is the quality of the build. Oh, I see complaints here and there about loose keys on phones, etc, but we're talking manufacturing discrepancies - like buying a new car: avoid anything that comes off the assemble line on a Friday or a Monday! But I'm into re-homing nearly new older devices - love the Playbook and will stay with it as long as nearly new/gently used replacements are available!
    ots1960 likes this.
    12-28-14 09:54 AM
    I still rock the PB after 3 years. The available browsers are a bit slow. I still use the Globe and Mail app all the time. It is still fast. Blaq still works well for my Twitter needs. I still use it to play all the music that I have loaded onto it when I am working in the kitchen or in the garage. The Facebook app sucks in a big way though!!

Definitely has its limitations but also still has its uses.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-28-14 05:26 PM
    Yup, I just joined (left?) the party too. Lack of apps doesn't bother me so much as the horrendous speed of the browser. Could not take it anymore so I picked up a Samsung TabPro 8.4 on Boxing Day. Basically have the same news apps loaded as I had on the PlayBook, but the browser actually works for modern websites. Still prefer the gesture based navigation of QNX/BB10, so I don't see myself getting rid of my Z10 for an Android phone anything soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:19 AM
    It's a sweet bathroom reader and music player. I rock out to music every morning during my shower. I also use mine on my treadmill on a stand. I love watching movies or videos while I run. I even stream TV onto it. I use it as an e-reader and thanks to Repligo PDF reader, it opens any PDF where as the other PDF readers crash out and fail to work with heavy images. The camera comes in handy too when I don't have my phone handy and with Advanced Camera I use it to do time lapse captures. Get yourself a Bluetooth puck receiver and connect it to your home stereo or portable speakers and fill it with music. With Neutron Music Player, there's no better solution on the PlayBook.

FYI, I just posted a link to the Bluetooth puck I bought for $25 (has APT-X, NFC and internal battery) in the accessories section of the PlayBook forums if you're curious.
    12-29-14 07:22 PM