Make a long story short, PlayBook is less than a year old. Mic on PlayBook 64gb stopped working. Contacted RIM. Person was great and helped me. I had to send PlayBook in for repairs ($0), 4 days got PlayBook returned and in perfect working order. Thanks to those on this forum that directed me to contact RIM and supplied the contact info. Also a big kudos to RIM, great customer service!
    06-02-13 07:06 AM
    I'm glad you got it fixed.

It's always nice to hear about good examples of customer service... so many companies don't seem to care once they have your money.

Your experience of RIM's aftercare matches mine. Customer Services arranged for a return/repair for a PB that would no longer charge. It cost me exactly �0, involved a FedEx journey to Germany and back for my PB, took less than a week, and was for a PB that was well out of warranty. So, even when they weren't obliged to help, they did.
    06-02-13 07:40 AM
    I'm glad you got it fixed.

It's always nice to hear about good examples of customer service... so many companies don't seem to care once they have your money.

Your experience of RIM's aftercare matches mine. Customer Services arranged for a return/repair for a PB that would no longer charge. It cost me exactly �0, involved a FedEx journey to Germany and back for my PB, took less than a week, and was for a PB that was well out of warranty. So, even when they weren't obliged to help, they did.
    We can complained about everything about BB and playbook. When it comes to servicing defective playbook, not many companies tech or non tech can rival BB.
    JeepBB and dangerousfen like this.
    06-02-13 02:32 PM
    Off topic but semantically, is it Crackberrians or simply Crackberries?
    06-02-13 06:27 PM
    Make a long story short, PlayBook is less than a year old. Mic on PlayBook 64gb stopped working. Contacted RIM. Person was great and helped me. I had to send PlayBook in for repairs ($0), 4 days got PlayBook returned and in perfect working order. Thanks to those on this forum that directed me to contact RIM and supplied the contact info. Also a big kudos to RIM, great customer service!
    Same here, mega fast shipping times and no charge to fix lines running across pictures taken with camera. PB was just a tad past warranty but fixed for free anyway. BB hands down best after purchase customer care, plus no charge to send PB nor for return, all free!
    06-02-13 07:40 PM