You wont do it

Cant search for names in contacts to add to a 'conversation'
    Cant add/remove contacts after you have started

No idea what the difference is behind the + button and the 3 coloured button is

You will revert to using your mobile to save your sanity imo
    10-03-12 08:51 AM
    You wont do it

Cant search for names in contacts to add to a 'conversation'
    Cant add/remove contacts after you have started

No idea what the difference is behind the + button and the 3 coloured button is

You will revert to using your mobile to save your sanity imo
    You know what they say about opinions.....
    esk369 and tstrike34 like this.
    10-03-12 09:02 AM
    don't you mean assumptions :-)
    10-03-12 09:04 AM
    It works great for me. Buttons are:
    + Start a new conversation (assuming with a number that isn't in your contact list)
    Multi-Ballons - Start a group chat (haven't tried this yet)
    Magnifying Glass - Search your contact list
    X - Delete conversation
    Hgouck likes this.
    10-03-12 09:05 AM
    Plus at work they frown on texting on my phone, but nobody ever questions I'm working if I'm on my tablet.

Which is dumb because I do work on my phone all the time and my playbook is way better for goofing off. Oh well.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 09:09 AM
    It works great for me. Buttons are:
    + Start a new conversation (assuming with a number that isn't in your contact list)
    Multi-Ballons - Start a group chat (haven't tried this yet)
    Magnifying Glass - Search your contact list
    X - Delete conversation
    You have 2 different buttons on your phone to create a new text?

start a conversation - rubbish word - text - then realise you need to add someone to it.....how is that done?

on the phone you just tap the recipient list and you can add/remove at will. On the PB nothing happens.

Why do they over engineer things?? Just mimic what the phone is doing - nothing more required!
    10-03-12 09:13 AM
    I'm pretty sure he meant opinions...
    Chaddface and bquinney like this.
    10-03-12 09:24 AM
    lol................
    10-03-12 09:34 AM
    All I know is I'm testing on my PB,it's cool and I like it
    10-03-12 11:23 AM
    Works great for me, showed all my previous conversations. Love it!
    10-03-12 11:32 AM
    They're like arseholes... Everyone has them, most of them stink?

Finding it quite useful so far to be fair. Most of the people I talk to regularly already have open conversations so I've not seen any issue (other than the fact I'm slower typing on the pb compared to my phone but thats my fault for getting used to using remote control so much)
    10-03-12 11:36 AM
    gone on then - create a text (where has this word conversations comefrom???) and add multiple people. If you have more than a few pages of contacts this will drive you mad as you have to scroll to each on. No text search or even alphabet jump letters!!!!

now in your text you want to add someone else - how do you do that? On the phone it's simple.
    10-03-12 11:50 AM
    Nokia 5i texting ability is better than this - and we've waited how long?
    10-03-12 11:51 AM
    I'm a little slow today...can someone please tell me how to send a text on my PB?? I don't see any new icons (not saying they aren't there...I just don't see them).

Thanks!
    10-03-12 11:51 AM
    its handy to communicate with sms through bridge, but I've already found it to be spotty (typical bridge performance) and no mms is rather disappointing. My GF uses an iphone and ipad, seems apple has a lead on this phone/tablet/cloud integration concept. (flame away, I dislike apple as much as anyone here while blackberry by choice)
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:52 AM
    seems quite a few aren't impressed with bridge texting and bbm.

apart from that, and no cursor, delete, tab keys and no decent organiser for favourites - it's not much different to the .840 beta
    10-03-12 03:14 PM
    seems quite a few aren't impressed with bridge texting and bbm.

apart from that, and no cursor, delete, tab keys and no decent organiser for favourites - it's not much different to the .840 beta
    And it also seems like quite a few are happy with the addition.
    si001 likes this.
    10-03-12 03:26 PM
    you couldn't use bridge txting regular - it's not quick enough and the UI is terrible for adding multiple recipients.

pretty sure though a another bridge update can solve it.
    10-03-12 03:33 PM
    OMG - you cant select a group to text!!!!!
    10-03-12 03:56 PM
    you couldn't use bridge txting regular - it's not quick enough and the UI is terrible for adding multiple recipients.

pretty sure though a another bridge update can solve it.
    Sounds more like you use sms for what most people use bbm or some other messenger for. I certainly have never had to do all this crap on sms that you are complaining about.

For what I use sms for, and I'd assume most people do as well, Im very satisfied with it and it's not slow for me at all. Adding multiple recipients for one sms looks rather painless as well.
    10-03-12 05:58 PM
    In my experience the only people using the comment about assumptions are themselves the only azzes in the room. But if the pseudo-clever repartie excites you carry on by all means.
    10-03-12 06:15 PM
    Is there a way to add attachments to texts?
    10-03-12 06:35 PM
    Can you add an attachment?
    10-03-12 07:49 PM
    Texting works great for me both send and receive...need to update bridge on phone and restart. Text icon is in the BB bridge folder.
    10-03-12 08:38 PM
    was hoping that a reboot of phone and pb would maybe remedy these failings, but alas.

still can only scroll down contact list to add people, texting groups done show up and you can't subsequently add people to a text once you've started writing it.
    10-04-12 04:57 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD