For a few weeks now I have an indication that I have an unread text message on my playbook when it is connected to my Torch 9800. However I can not find the unread message. I have even been through all the messages on my phone and there is not indication there that one is unread. Both phone and playbook have been restarted several times and still the indication remains. Both are also running the latest OS.

Any suggestions on how to clear it ??
    01-07-13 01:32 PM
    Since this is a bridge text message notification, try deleting the bridge connection (unpairing) onboth the Playbook and your phone, rebooting both, and re-pairing. That MAY take care of it. Good luck.
    01-07-13 09:39 PM
    your answer has been posted in the forums many times. I will look for it and report back. the answer is in your phone. there is a text that is marked as unread in its settings. I know you can't see it in the messages folder. once it is deleted or marked as read the notification will go away
    01-07-13 10:22 PM
    here is a copy of a response from another thread...

" go into messages-view folder-sms inbox. You will see unopened sms messages. Delete them and red indication will disappear on playbook."

hope this helps!
    bdguru and phylez like this.
    01-07-13 10:26 PM
    As I said in my original post, I have been through all the messages on my phone and on the playbook and there are no unread messages, so there is an error occurring some where.
    01-08-13 09:16 AM
    I know but many users have been surprised to find something when they try the above solution. if it doesn't work for you, sorry and at least we tried something.

good luck
    Last edited by nappp; 01-08-13 at 10:38 PM.
    01-08-13 07:26 PM
    I think its a phone issue, rebooting the PlayBook does nothing; however, rebooting the phone clears the message indicator. It only happens every now and then, but I really wish they would fix this.
    01-08-13 10:37 PM
    try opening the last sms on your bridged Playbook down the list. for me that clears it
    01-08-13 10:45 PM
    Thanks Nappp. I used your suggestion below and it worked for me. Thanks again.

" go into messages-view folder-sms inbox. You will see unopened sms messages. Delete them and red indication will disappear on playbook."
    nappalonia and nappp like this.
    01-09-13 07:28 AM
    I had tried all the other suggestions here before posting the problem that I was having but could not clear the message indicator.
    going through those steps again of messages > view folder > sms inbox it this time expanded the conversations and displayed each message and it this time showed a message that was unread, however there was no way to set it as read and I could only delete the single message so that it would clear the indicator on the playbook.

thanks
    DoctorNeutron likes this.
    01-09-13 08:25 AM
    I as well had to delete "all" my sms that were in that folder on my phone. It's ok tho I should get in a habit of cleaning that folder more often. It's all good.
    01-09-13 10:14 AM
    I had tried all the other suggestions here before posting the problem that I was having but could not clear the message indicator.
    going through those steps again of messages > view folder > sms inbox it this time expanded the conversations and displayed each message and it this time showed a message that was unread, however there was no way to set it as read and I could only delete the single message so that it would clear the indicator on the playbook.

thanks
    glad it worked. I read the forums a lot and get lots of useful information
    01-09-13 05:08 PM
    Thanks Nappp. I used your suggestion below and it worked for me. Thanks again.

you're welcome
    01-09-13 05:09 PM

thanks
    This worked for me. I had tried to remove every message an every conversation
    on my Torch 9850 to no avail (plus rebooting my Torch and both PBs numerous
    times). Again, mucho thanks !! Doc Neutron
    03-08-13 08:19 AM