Noticed there were some posts regarding text messages not loading in when bridged to a BB10 phone. I have suffered this myself and know of other friends who have experienced the same problem so I did a little experiment. Firstly, I deleted text messages from my Z10 one at a time until bridge loaded them in and noted which text was causing the problem.

Eventually I came across the one that was causing tbe issue. The text message is from O2 telling me what my bill is ready and where to view my bill It says from O2 in the sender list, there's a hyperlink but other than that nothing out of the ordinary. I've tested other text with links in but no problem which ruled out hyperlinks I guess. When I deleted the o2 one bridge loaded. I have had to wait a month to confirm this ,Bridge has worked all month until today when I got the same message. Again bridge wouldn't work. Deleted the o2 message now everything working. I guess people in the cb forum are experiencing the same issue so finding which message is doing it could save them some headache.

So, if anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure if enough people carry out the same procedure (deleting text messages one at a time until bridge loads) we can find a common factor about these messages and get bridge working again without the need to delete all your messages.

As bridge, AFAIK is still in development as its a BB10 app we could then approach Blackberry and ask if they could resolve it (I know long shot) but I feel sure if it can be duplicated that there is a reason bridge doesn't load and it all seems to come down to one message locking you out.

Only thing I can see is that the sender contains numbers and letters O 2 where as all my other messages are other number or letter never mixed. Prob not the reason but its the only thing that stands out so far. Let me knkw if this happens to anyone else.

Cbeers

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    11-11-14 05:16 PM
    Good thread.

I'm not having the same issue. My texts (and BBMs) load but since updating my Q to the leaked 10.3.1.1016 OS I'm finding the texts load out of order. Instead of loading as a normal conversation as on the phone, they now show with all the received ones on top (not in order) and all my sent ones on the bottom. It's just since the leak...between that and the battery I may go back to the latest 10.3.0.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:07 AM
    Interesting as I am now getting a locked key image when I try and reply to a text on my pb and the phone number has two 2's in it and then my bridge disconnects and no longer has the bridge icon on the upper right part of the pb screen.
    11-16-14 12:10 AM
    Good thread.

I'm not having the same issue. My texts (and BBMs) load but since updating my Q to the leaked 10.3.1.1016 OS I'm finding the texts load out of order. Instead of loading as a normal conversation as on the phone, they now show with all the received ones on top (not in order) and all my sent ones on the bottom. It's just since the leak...between that and the battery I may go back to the latest 10.3.0.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's why I don't do leaks. If you have an issue you need to trouble shoot you don't know where to start.

Interesting as I am now getting a locked key image when I try and reply to a text on my pb and the phone number has two 2's in it and then my bridge disconnects and no longer has the bridge icon on the upper right part of the pb screen.
    That sounds like a different issue I think. Odd one! In the case I'm talking about bridge is working fine but when you try and open text messages you just get the constant loading circle spinning until you delete the text that's causing the problem.
    Would be great is someone could get a text that does the same thing to them and compare it to the text I get to see what they both have in common.
    Even better would be someone on o2 contract getting the same text as me and see if it does it to them, at least then it's not a random thing.

Would help narrow things down.
    11-16-14 06:12 AM