Hi, i need your help please with text input via remote.
    With the new update to OS2 we do have new languages added which we can type in from our mobile bb via remote.

In my case i use a torch 9800 with my pb and want to write in greek. While my torch has greek and the pb has greek after the update, i cannot write in greek via bridge using my torch keyboard.

I opened a word to go and launched remote, i have grek selected in my pb but knowing this feature works from the phone os i press alt+enter to select greek in phone but there is no greek in the remote menu. I count only 14 of 24 total languages being supported in this arrangement and there is no way i can write in greek on pb through my phone..

Anyone have any tips or suggestions or know of similar issues please??

Thank you very much!
    03-11-12 10:34 AM
    Me too have the same problem. I am so happy since Os 2.0 mainly because of Greek characters. Now I can do everything I can think of with my Playbook. I am sure that RIM will fix this issue sooner or later. For the moment I am so thrilled with the awsomness of the device that I can live without remote Greek typing. The amazing is that the new bridge supports my BB Bold 9000 which I cannot let go for a new one.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-11-12 11:01 AM
    Me too have the same problem. I am so happy since Os 2.0 mainly because of Greek characters. Now I can do everything I can think of with my Playbook. I am sure that RIM will fix this issue sooner or later. For the moment I am so thrilled with the awsomness of the device that I can live without remote Greek typing. The amazing is that the new bridge supports my BB Bold 9000 which I cannot let go for a new one.
    Ευχαριστώ for the post
    It is true that greek made the pb for us even more awesome i am thrilled about this as i waited for so many months!

I have the impression that it is a bb os on the phone issue. You are running os5 on your 9000 (amazing phone btw i owned it before my torch 9800). I use BBos6 on my phone. I imagine bb7 phones support greek on remote but i have no one that uses a bb7 phone so i cannot make sure unless someone tries it out for us, since i dont see me changing my torch any time soon. If you find out please let me know!!
    03-11-12 11:12 AM
    OP you have an excellent question. I have a similar question about Japanese input.
    I have ordered a BB9900 which will have the FarEastern language pack. The PB has browser Japanese Html fonts but can not keyboard input the fonts. I should know soon whether the remote phone input will appear in Japanese on the PB. RIM CS had no answer.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-11-12 11:44 AM
    OP you have an excellent question. I have a similar question about Japanese input.
    I have ordered a BB9900 which will have the FarEastern language pack. The PB has browser Japanese Html fonts but can not keyboard input the fonts. I should know soon whether the remote phone input will appear in Japanese on the PB. RIM CS had no answer.
    Thank you for your post. RIM cs has not been very helpful in my case either. I will try out again and update here if i get any solution or actual knowledge of why and how. Please update in the thread once you try your new phone on bb7 and if you would experiment with greek it would also be a huge extra thanks!

Enjoy your new phone!!
    03-11-12 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD