Have had (and appreciated) my Playbook for a week or so. Only real issue has been the un-usability of the bridge browser which I've dealt with by tethering my 9650 (Sprint). Tethering has worked great until today. I can make a connection, but tethered browsing now works just like it does with bridge browsing - incredibly slow to the point of virtually not working at all. I've reset the PB, tried tethering with bridge and wi-fi off, reset my phone, tried multiple physical locations (browser on phone worked well in all), etc.
    The only change I made to the PB was adding two apps (a sketch and conversion app). I deleted them to see if that would make a difference - it didn't.
    This is a minor issue for me. I only bring it up because I believe that it's benificial to make public any glitches we discover - hopefully this will help get us to that perfect device (that said, I still would accept a solution to my issue!).
    06-01-11 06:16 PM
    Try clearing your cache and cookies from your browser to see if that will speed things up for you.

Tap on Browser (regular one not bridge)
    Swiped down
    Tap Privacy and Security
    Scroll down
    tap on clear all.

Then try going on browser again to see if it speeds it up.

Good luck. Let me know if it works.
    06-01-11 07:55 PM
    thanks Snick Snack,
    that's another thing I had previously tried without success. Cleared all again just to be sure - still no luck. I should note that the browser works as it should via the wi-fi connection. Seems to be an issue between the 9650 and the PB. I'm running 6.? on the phone, and that seems to be a common factor in many browser issues. What I find interesting is that I had a great tethered connection for 4-5 days - I'm hunting for what caused the change

thanks again, Mike

on another note, did you guys have a holiday in Canada this weekend? Lots of BC liscence plates heading north (from Seattle) Tuesday morning - more than usual.
    06-01-11 11:57 PM
    You may need to go back and reconnect to your carrier. that should do it
    06-02-11 02:10 AM
    In the BT settings delete paired devices in both your playbook and BB. Now do a restart on both, I recommend a battery pull on the BB, re-sync the devices in bluetooth and that should fix it.
    06-02-11 06:11 AM
    And yes, when you tether you should have your WIFI off. That's the point of it, besides you're wasting your battery.
    06-02-11 06:18 AM
    thanks Blkacesvf41. I'll try re-pairing later this afternoon and let you know the results. On last check, all bridged items except the browser work well. Both the bridge browser and tethered browser technically function, but are beyond slow - I need to test more, but at a glance it seems that the more Flash intensive a site is, the more it hangs. Thanks again
    06-02-11 09:51 AM
    Finally had the opportunity to delete/re-install the pairings between my 9650 and PB (also reset both before new pairing). Unfortunately, it didn't correct my issue. I may run thru the procedure again later tonight - you never know
    06-02-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD