Would any of you happen to have the Plan/SOC code for that 6gb data plan? Or would be willing to allow me use of their phone number/postal code to look it up in the system?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure if CSRs are still allowed to do this but the 6GB option is the same as for any pther smartphone. To get BIS with the 6GB option, the APN3CON code needed to be added.
    04-22-11 11:29 PM
    ROGERS WILL NOT put the plan on anyones account for the time being.... Unless you already have the 6gb data plan, they will not give it to you. One of my coworkers also bought a PB and only had 1gb of data, and asked how much I have, i told him I had 6gb. He called Rogers and with them on speaker phone, they outright said, it won't be available to activate until the next iphone launch or there might be a different/higher plan by then.
    04-22-11 11:33 PM
    Go to the bluetooth options on you phone and make sure Dial up networking is checked or else tethering won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BINGO!!!! That's it.. mine was unchecked!!

THANK YOU!
    05-06-11 11:53 PM
    worked like a charm
    Thanks

try this...

create new profile and for the access point put "internet.com" leave username and password blank.
    01-13-12 10:35 AM
    Where did you do this? When I click on Tools->Mobile Internet Settings in Desktop 6.1 I get a box that says "Failed to start Mobile Internet" and "Initialization of Mobile Internet Failed". This is with my 9900 connected vis USB.

I am able to sync so I know the connection works.
    01-13-12 02:29 PM
    I just set up mine to tether through my 8230, with a .5 gig data plan on Rogers. The browser now connects, but App World doesn't.
    03-05-12 06:39 PM
    I also have a 9780 on rogers.. did you have to enter any additional info?
    I am just wondering if your phone is connected to pb via bluetooth.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 05:01 AM
    I just set up mine to tether through my 8230, with a .5 gig data plan on Rogers. The browser now connects, but App World doesn't.
    same here. it needs proper wifi connection.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 05:01 AM
    For the record, just because you have the Rogers 6gig plan does not mean they have teathering turned on. I had to call them and have it added even though it was a free feature so if someone cant teather using the internet.com username wap password wap1 it is likely that they need to add the free feature at the Rogers end for you.
    03-06-12 06:49 AM
    I don't know why this thread was rated 1 star, so I gave it 5 stars since many here have helped solve the OP's issue...gotta' love CB, it works if we all work it.
    03-06-12 07:06 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD