Hi I am new to the forum so please excuse any ignorance of the way things work here:

I have a slight problem, I have had a 9300 Curve for nearly a year now & recently acquired a Playbook 64Gb. I have used the tethering function with no problem for the last 2 months, but all of a sudden, as of yesterday, I cannot use the tether to the internet function. I have an unlimited plan with my mobile provider (Movistar Spain) & the bridging function still works. I can still access web pages with the bridging function, however if I want to stream any kind of media this is not possible on the bridging function, I have always used the internet tethering function (when away from any wifi). I have tried connecting the tethering function, I select my local provider (Movistar Spain), and try to connect, it authenticates, then attempts to acquire the IP address, but it will not connect. Previously I had not had a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
    02-11-13 08:08 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you stop now and call your carrier. It may be you've gone over your tethering allowance and in this case, further attempts may result in charges.

Once you're clear with them that you can still use the funtion, you may want to double check the default configs for your carrier. Last I tried, .1314 has the wrong username for my carrier (it had zap when it should be blackberry, hence preventing the connection).
    02-11-13 08:17 AM
    Thanks for your quick reply, I have already tried to speak to 'Movistar Spain' my carrier, problem is although I speak some Spanish, it is not enough to make my problem understood clearly & they don't have an English speaking department, one of the frustrations of living out here I'm afraid. I will check the username settings as you said and see if that helps. Thanks.
    02-11-13 08:26 AM
    I agree with the suggestions from Diegonei you may need to check your usage, if not able to speak with the carrier via the phone is there anyway to check via the company website? I have unlimited data on my phone but in order to use the tethering function I had to purchase a separate data addition for this to work. Otherwise I would get the same message you describe when trying to connect. For a short time I needed to use the tether feature and had the service added and soon as I hit that button it connected now I don't need it and had my carrier remove the service and back to getting the unable to connect message.
    02-11-13 08:45 AM
    Thanks again, I will try & call them again, they do have English speaking staff, but this is normally only in their sales department, not in technical support, it just seemed strange I have an unlimited plan & it had worked without a problem for nearly 2 months and now I cannot connect, will see what happens next time I call.
    02-11-13 08:58 AM
    Thanks again, I will try & call them again, they do have English speaking staff, but this is normally only in their sales department, not in technical support, it just seemed strange I have an unlimited plan & it had worked without a problem for nearly 2 months and now I cannot connect, will see what happens next time I call.

Well thanks for your help guys, we seem to have resolved the issue. I called the provider (Movistar Spain) again and after a few frustrating calls and getting transferred from 1 department to another, I managed to get put through to a female technician who spoke some English, between her English & my Spanish we got by, I am not sure if they did anything at their end, but she asked me to do a battery pull, and re-boot my phone, I then tried to connect the tablet & hey presto, it connected. So I don't think that it can have had anything to do with my data plan. Seemed strange to have to do a battery pull on the phone though, as the the phone connects fine to the internet, and radio apps and the like. Well although frustrating at least my day hasn't been wasted.
    02-11-13 10:15 AM
    I cant seem to get my 9930 and PB to tether. I was reading the instructions last night and no luck. It works on my laptop but not on PB yet
    02-11-13 07:05 PM
    I cant seem to get my 9930 and PB to tether. I was reading the instructions last night and no luck. It works on my laptop but not on PB yet
    I may be confused but bb phones and the pb do not generally TETHER (although maybe you can do it). The Bridge function acts like tethering (and in the US AT&T considers it the same and disables Bridge-Browsing). So, what are your problems? Who is your carrier (I know it is NOT at&t since you mentioned the 9930).
    02-11-13 07:44 PM
    Tetherbridge.com is the one I use for BB and they have it for PB also.

Check them out and let me know what you find
    02-12-13 09:08 AM