So if I have a Curve 8520(? that's a non-3g bb i think...Take any blackberry with no 3g capabilities) and I bridge it to my PB then if I use the bridge browser I will browse at EDGE speed, right?

If I tether it via Internet Tethering will the speed be the same or more 3G-ish?
    01-20-12 05:24 AM
    If your phone isn't 3G, you can't expect to get 3G speeds if you tether

Do the math.......
    01-20-12 06:06 AM
    So tether and native email/calendar/contacts for non-BB users? Sounds like a grand idea.

I'll stay with Bridge and my 9900. Next complaint from the iPad/Android crew will be: "Still NO BBM - end of PB". Of course there is no BBM, you do not have a Blackberry phone OK?
    01-20-12 06:14 AM
    T_T Too bad it won't even tether to my galaxy S II...Going to change it and get a torch since I like the idea of qwert+touch+slide. Thanks for your answer
    01-20-12 06:28 AM
    So tether and native email/calendar/contacts for non-BB users? Sounds like a grand idea.

I'll stay with Bridge and my 9900. Next complaint from the iPad/Android crew will be: "Still NO BBM - end of PB". Of course there is no BBM, you do not have a Blackberry phone OK?
    but if you have an iPad and no iPhone you can use iMessage so really BB needs to keep up with the competition.

Its fine and dandy for you to say (and BB) that if you don't have a BB phone no BBM but it means they are offering less than the competition. Not a good way to win over new customers IMO.
    01-20-12 06:34 AM
    but if you have an iPad and no iPhone you can use iMessage so really BB needs to keep up with the competition.

Its fine and dandy for you to say (and BB) that if you don't have a BB phone no BBM but it means they are offering less than the competition. Not a good way to win over new customers IMO.
    iMessage only communicates between other iOS devices, messages are received on all your iOS devices if they (the message) is sent to your Apple ID e-mail address, and it's closely tied to the regular messages app. So much for the portability between different platforms.
    01-20-12 06:46 AM
    Your comment about iMessage may be fair. Is iMessage compatible with BBM (secure)?

Most folk I know are using Whatsapp? (free) for chatter and nonsense. Seems to be available on just about all phones (on my 9900). In my view (as a iPad2 3G user), folks are confusing iPad + 3G with a true phone device (with text messaging via phone networks).

Bridge means you do not have to pay cell-phone firm for ANOTHER 3G service! Looks like iMessage is Apple only. Moving along...
    Last edited by klinton; 01-20-12 at 07:30 AM.
    01-20-12 07:27 AM
    BBM and iMessage both are worthless to me. Give me something that works on all platforms like imo.im or im+ etc. Most people I know have dumb phones so exclusive messengers might be better for data consumption? but nothing else in my book.
    01-20-12 07:35 AM
    Back on topic, I use a 8520 and bridge to my PB. Web surfing is a little painfull as speeds are pretty slow. On my Bridge Browser settings I have turned off loading images, java script and flash, i have found that this helps a little as it makes browsing a little less painful. Email and BBM are OK though.
    01-20-12 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD