my wife and i are walking around the grocery store and im tethered to her tmo 9700 and bridged to my unlocked 9800 also running on tmo. im running the regular browser, NOT the bridge browser. i have three windows open and we're running pretty damn smooth! now we're both tethered to her phone, but her playbook is at home. when we get back, im gonna see if we can both browse at the same time using her 9700's 3g connection.

and i must say, walking around in public with this is pretty cool. this size playbook is perfect. anything bigger will really make people look at you. i saw a pic of spike lee holding an ipad at a knicks game. he looked like he was trying to take a pic....and looked pretty...dumb. personally, i think anything bigger than a playbook is just not ideal for carrying around for most of the day, daily. just my opinion.

i'll report back later on the tethering.
    05-08-11 04:13 PM
    Do you have tethering in your plan or are you doing so with the tether app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 12:28 PM

05-09-11 01:16 PM

nope, no tethering plan and no app. we do have the bb unlimited data plan though. i havent been tethering for long periods of time, im mostly on wifi. although, i was tethered for over an hour that day. i havent checked my data usage, but i doubt if ive used enough to warrant notification. i probably wont tether much until i pick up that 9900/9930 when it drops. if i do tether though, i'll keep you all posted on anything worth noting.
    05-09-11 09:07 PM
    When you tether does your connection drop from time to time? I am on T-mobile USA and I currently use my blackberry 9700. I tether while bridged on my playbook, and it works well. However, I have noticed that the connection to both tether and bridge drops sometimes; when it drops I am alerted by an audible beep. After a few seconds, I am prompted to enter password to re connect to bridge and view my messages. Then I have to reconnect the tether connection in settings and it works fine again. I thought it happened because a message is coming in on my 9700 while tethered, but after some testing I figured out that wasn�t the case? Do you think this could be a problem with my bluetooth in the playbook? Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
    05-24-11 11:26 AM
    is there any extra charge when thetering???
    coz as we know only the bridge connection did the free access
    05-24-11 12:42 PM
    I ran tethered in the airport for about an hour yesterday, but intermittently - I was checking client email via their OWA site and working airlinge sites trying to reschedule a cancelled flight. Ran fairly well in tehtered mode with a 9780 - but I agree, once the 9900 hits and 4G is available, tethering it should scream.

Having said that, i still want Bridge to just work darnit!
    05-24-11 02:16 PM
    I adjusted my plan to just include data, and now I tether all the time. It's mildly addicting since, you're right bbeezy, the size of the PB is just right to be able to carry it around. It's a life-saver (from boredom) when shopping...I sit and surf and do stuff while the better half does her thing. And the data plan reduces my worries of blowing the budget (since I know someone who didn't have a data plan and was using bridge browser and got a $500 phone bill for the data). Ack.
    05-24-11 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD