WiFi performance is terrible when connected to my school's network. The data transfer rate is at 2mbps when I checked today. Tethering on my phone via bluetooth was fine, and other student's were able to go on the web as well on their laptop. I couldn't do anything on my PlayBook. Does anyone know of a fix?

Oh the signal quality was -60dBm btw.
    01-13-12 04:43 PM
    2Mbps should be usable and -60dBm is a pretty good signal level, so try to check what speed the others are seeing.

There have been some conflicting reports about problems with PB on WiFi and suggestions that some WiFi access points may be more likely to have problems with PB, but no solid conclusions. However, the obvious question from this is whether you have used the same network on previous occasions with acceptable results.
    01-13-12 07:00 PM
    switching the router from g/n to only g has greatly improved my connectivity at home. Unfortunately this fix is only available to you when you have admin access to the router. Hopefully a playbook based fix will come with OS2.
    01-13-12 08:28 PM
    maybe try rebooting playbook next time u have the problem. i work where i drive alot and tether all day and hop on random wifi. haven't seen that problem but like branta said 2 mb is plenty unless u trying to do a bunch online but from what it sounds u were not able to do anything.
    01-13-12 09:22 PM
    Rebooting does not fix the problem...

It continues to get only 2mb/s for Internet at school, but I can barely surf the web. If I'm lucky, I can temporarily get 24mb/s.
    01-30-12 04:16 PM
    At school we have 2 networks, one which is free where you have to log in with your student credentials.

However this did NOT work on my PB whatsover, I could't log in at all, however, I could connect just fine.

Logging in each time when I was in school was just a pain anyway, so I met up with some old IT buddies and they actually gave me the password (WPA2) to the network the servers where running on!

Which is a blazing fast 120 Megs down and 7 megs up! And no logging in required!
    01-30-12 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD