I ordered $149 32gb playbook from Telus, recieved confirmation, funds were removed from my Visa account. Today recieved this notice.

Has anyone recieved there Playbook?
    Not happy

Hello,

Please be advised that your order for the BlackBerry Playbook tablet has been cancelled and refunded (allow up to 3 business days to be completed) as this was a limited quantity offer and stock was depleted before your order could be fulfilled. We have kept your contact information on file and you will be notified of similar Webstore sales in future. Please reply to this email if you would like to be removed from this distribution list.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Telus Webstore
    Toll Free/Sans frais. 1.866.488.2709
    TELUS | the future is friendly | le futur est simple
    02-07-12 01:39 PM
    I was able to get mine from the local Telus dealer,no problem.I was #12 on the list of 12 that they ordered.
    02-07-12 02:55 PM
    i have not received this yet... but if i do i will be calling the office and complaining.
    you DO NOT GET money unless i GET an item. NO company that i have ordered from has EVER taken money without SHIPPING first.

Just out of curiosity, when did you place your order? what time?

here is my confirmation info:

TELUS order number ------, placed Feb 3, 2012 @ 4:27 PM EST
    it was 2 32GB PBs

was yours before or after that?
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-07-12 at 03:47 PM.
    02-07-12 03:35 PM
    Well... I think all's well. Yeah it does suck that you didn't get one, they should have had a system in place that would count inventory and orders. This could have prevented any customer service issues.

However, atleast they told you what happened and refunded the money. I read a story (not sure if was on CB or HardOCP) about some one who ordered, had the order canceled for no given reason and his money was not refunded. I do think I remember he was later told they were out of inventory though I never checked to see if he was eventually refunded his money. IIRC he ordered from Best Buy. He should have known better :P
    02-07-12 04:08 PM
    My order confirmation was Feb 3rd 2012 at 4:49 PM EST
    02-07-12 04:12 PM
    i have not received this yet... but if i do i will be calling the office and complaining.
    you DO NOT GET money unless i GET an item. NO company that i have ordered from has EVER taken money without SHIPPING first.

it was 2 32GB PBs

Mine got canceled this morning
    Order details for 1 playbook

D�tails de la commande
    Commande num�ro #######, pass�e le 3 f�vrier 2012 � 16 h 21 (EST)
    02-07-12 04:13 PM
    Mine were cancelled as well and credit card was charged. Going to give it a day and see if it gets credited back.
    02-07-12 04:49 PM
    Like I posted in the other Telus thread,mine went from a temp hold on CC since day order was placed to a full charge x 2 this morning to order being canceled this morning.
    Phoned and the morons at Telus could not figure out why it was charged twice now I have to deal with my CC company to make sure both charges come off.
    Never again will I ever deal with Telus for any of my business.
    02-07-12 05:21 PM
    I havent got an email yet... Wtf!!!
    02-07-12 08:44 PM

it was 2 32GB PBs

1. Relax. Seriously? They couldn't fulfill the order, don't get your panties in a bunch.

2. This happens all the time. Just because you don't see it disappear off your credit card doesn't mean it hasn't been paid for. Some merchants might do a pre-auth which reserves the credit, it works the same way.

3. The "money" on your Visa isn't "money" either, you're borrowing it from someone. So they haven't taken anything from you temporarily.

Some people want everything without giving anything, sheesh.
    Fnord likes this.
    02-07-12 09:18 PM
    1. Relax. Seriously? They couldn't fulfill the order, don't get your panties in a bunch.

2. This happens all the time. Just because you don't see it disappear off your credit card doesn't mean it hasn't been paid for. Some merchants might do a pre-auth which reserves the credit, it works the same way.

3. The "money" on your Visa isn't "money" either, you're borrowing it from someone. So they haven't taken anything from you temporarily.

I run my own business, and i know that a PROPER business person only takes money when a product is given. Also, i know that you do not say you have an item that you do not have. Why would they open the sale to the online store if there was no stock?
    Im sorry, but DO NOT tell me to relax because a major company has no idea how to conduct business. If they do not have it in stock then they dont sell it... if they sold it then they are obliged to give me the product.

As for the 'money' that you speak of... if they charged me and my money was in their hands for any second i should have a product. If they did this to hundreds of people that means they had access to thousands of dollars without giving anything in return... is this not fraud? As for the 'money' not being mine... i disagree. I purchase things with my credit card online because i cannot give the seller the physical money that i have saved in my bank. The credit card is not 'borrowing' money from someone else, i am going through it to use the money that i DO have to pay for something in which there is no other way to pay due to the INTERNET sale.

so, yea... (not trying to argue, just showing my reasoning)
    02-07-12 09:36 PM
    I run my own business, and i know that a PROPER business person only takes money when a product is given. Also, i know that you do not say you have an item that you do not have. Why would they open the sale to the online store if there was no stock?
    Im sorry, but DO NOT tell me to relax because a major company has no idea how to conduct business. If they do not have it in stock then they dont sell it... if they sold it then they are obliged to give me the product.

As for the 'money' that you speak of... if they charged me and my money was in their hands for any second i should have a product. If they did this to hundreds of people that means they had access to thousands of dollars without giving anything in return... is this not fraud? As for the 'money' not being mine... i disagree. I purchase things with my credit card online because i cannot give the seller the physical money that i have saved in my bank. The credit card is not 'borrowing' money from someone else, i am going through it to use the money that i DO have to pay for something in which there is no other way to pay due to the INTERNET sale.

so, yea... (not trying to argue, just showing my reasoning)
    I never received a confirmation email for my order as I had a funny feeling the order never went through on Friday but this mourning to my surprise my credit card was debited. I do agree this is bad business for a major company, you don't go on charge a client when you can't deliver the goods or services in my case I had to make sure the funds were credited back to my credit card as I never received any confirmation notices for my order.
    02-07-12 10:30 PM
    Telus used you guys to clear inventory. They care a lot about their inventory, not much about you. Snap one up at $199 while you can.
    Grinding on Telus is a waste of your time.
    02-07-12 10:50 PM

For your info it went from a temp authorization to a full charge on Monday.
    Read the forums over at RFD they charged many peeps twice for the same purchase including myself.
    So as of this morning I have 350 bucks charged fully on my CC for a $175 purchase and a cancellation e-mail to boot
    It's easy to tell people to relax when your not in the situation.
    Took Telus 5 minutes just to find the second charge and gave me the authorization number for it because she would be surprise if it came off.
    I'm the one who as to wait 5 business day to see if it comes off if not have to phone CC and do a cancelation because Telus screwed up.
    Basic math you have a 100 units to sell in stock, some 1 buys 1 you only have 99 for sale.
    sheesh some people
    Last edited by balding1; 02-08-12 at 04:39 AM.
    02-08-12 04:18 AM
    I was at my Telus store tonight and was told that the PB was discontinued and that Telus no longer carries them. The sales rep suggested if I was looking for one go to Future Shop and get it for $199!
    03-22-12 10:44 PM
    Not sure where you live but apparently the telus store in Oakville had a few 16gb models left for the $149 price.
    03-23-12 07:23 AM
    The Gatineau Telus store (in the Costco Mall) has a few 16 GB Playbooks available for $149.

Cheers, Chris
    03-23-12 08:13 AM
    Yesterday Telus in the Cambridge Mall in Cambridge had it for $149 also.
    03-23-12 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD