So now that the ad for the 32gb playbook at Telus selling for $149 has been taken down, I'm on the hunt for a screenshot of the ad right from the site so i can go into a store that price matches. I need to physically give them a print out of it.

I know some of you have used this method, could someone please post one for me if you kept it?
    02-06-12 07:25 PM
    Your optimism and persistence are commendable.

The odds of your success are not good. You need to convince a retailer that the hard-copy in your hand represents a valid Telus promotion. A quick visit to Telus's web-site, or a phone call, will reveal they can no longer honour the promotion. However, miracles can happen so I wish you luck.

BTW, I have a hard-copy of the ad but it has fold lines, is in French, and is marked up with highlighter, so a scan of it would look like a counterfeit ad and not help your cause.
    02-06-12 07:42 PM
    So now that the ad for the 32gb playbook at Telus selling for $149 has been taken down, I'm on the hunt for a screenshot of the ad right from the site so i can go into a store that price matches. I need to physically give them a print out of it.

I know some of you have used this method, could someone please post one for me if you kept it?
    I have 2 hard copies from Telus web side. One it's shopping cart page with total amount. The second is the main page which shows the playbook with the 3 different prices. And I also have the copy of the invoice for the playbook picked up today from Telus. I can scan it tomorrow at work and send to you if you like.
    02-06-12 08:15 PM
    I have 2 hard copies from Telus web side. One it's shopping cart page with total amount. The second is the main page which shows the playbook with the 3 different prices. And I also have the copy of the invoice for the playbook picked up today from Telus. I can scan it tomorrow at work and send to you if you like.
    Thank you very much!! The website with the 3 prices is exactly what i was looking for!

And telex123, according to the telus store (at least all the ones around here), they still believe they are receiving stock and that the sale is on till thursday. Calling them would actually help me out alot.
    02-06-12 08:53 PM
    if you can get this done please send me a pm to let me know
    02-06-12 08:56 PM
    I have a PDF of the web page as well, if you need it, drop me a PM. Won't be able to get it until 9am (et) ish.

I bought a PlayBook at The Source for $199, then TELUS had this sale. I printed the webpage, took it to The Source and they gave me $50 back. Sweet!
    02-06-12 09:05 PM
    ok can you just PM it to me.
    ill try it. everywhere i called said they can only price match if it is in stock, but EVERYONE is saying they are getting matches... i dont understand??????????
    02-06-12 09:41 PM
    ok can you just PM it to me.
    ill try it. everywhere i called said they can only price match if it is in stock, but EVERYONE is saying they are getting matches... i dont understand??????????
    ya they wont match the price if they don't have it in stock and future shop sent an email to all the stores when telus announced they were out of stock everywhere and refused to match till telus got more stock.

so the trick seems to be to find someone that has them in stock and price matches without asking too many questions.
    02-06-12 10:33 PM
    Hope this will help.

Attachment 102219
    02-07-12 11:49 AM
    Has anyone had luck in the Montreal area as of today ? Not sure if this printed ad will work at FS or the source

I'm really looking to get a 32gb for 149$
    voltaire likes this.
    02-07-12 11:54 AM
    No luck so far.

The sale at Telus stated that it was running from Feb 3-9. Walmart will price match it if i can find an ad that has the dates on it.
    02-07-12 05:56 PM
    i just got in from walmart. they said a printed page should do the trick. hopefully this scanned page works....
    02-07-12 07:34 PM
    i just got in from walmart. they said a printed page should do the trick. hopefully this scanned page works....
    Which walmart and with what printout ?
    Wow thx for the heads up
    02-07-12 07:37 PM
    No luck so far.

The sale at Telus stated that it was running from Feb 3-9. Walmart will price match it if i can find an ad that has the dates on it.
    Can't you use the the picture from the post in news
    by Jared DiPane on Feb 2? It shows the dates Feb 3-9.
    02-07-12 07:51 PM
    Which walmart and with what printout ?
    Wow thx for the heads up
    a walmart here in London, ontario. the employee said, if i bring in a screen print of the telus ad, he should be able to give me the price match...
    i haven't tried it yet, so hopefully the .pdf file that is posted in this thread will do the trick.
    02-07-12 08:05 PM
    Please let me know if this works
    02-07-12 08:42 PM
    02-07-12 08:59 PM
    but it says out of stock
    apparently it needs to be in stock to get the price match... which i dont understand because why would i go to staples to get the deal when i could go to telus or blacks?
    02-07-12 09:38 PM
    Walmart here in vancouver said do same thing earlier. I showed them the print from here two pages. As soon as she saw telus she said no. Their manager warn them already not to price match telus. I was told a number of people came before me but no price match allowed. Same story @ staples. Tomorrow will come back with blacks.ca printout. Hehehe
    02-07-12 10:11 PM
    let me know how it goes with the black's print out.
    02-08-12 08:52 AM
    called a Walmart in Kitchener, and they have no playbooks in stock. Also they will only Price match actual flyers, not print outs from the internet..
    02-10-12 08:51 AM
    called a Walmart in Kitchener, and they have no playbooks in stock. Also they will only Price match actual flyers, not print outs from the internet..
    On Feb 6 I picked up my 32GB playbook from Telus and on the Feb 7 I went to Walmart @ Supercenter in Kitchener to see if they could mutch the price. The customer rep wasn't sure so she called her manager and I showed them both the printout from Telus web site and the sale receipt from Feb 6. Well the manager called the electronic dept. and told them that she has a customer with proof of a lower price for the playbook but they didn't have any left. My luck. I called the Sunrise Center i Kitchener and they were out of them too. The only Walmart that had any in stock was in Waterloo but only had 16GB. Each time I was at Walmart and asked them about price mutch I got different answers. Last week I bought a game for my daughter and showed the guy a picture I took with my phone of lower price from Best Buy he said that doesn't count. I asked him how can I show him flyer when this is the BB rgular price not sale price. He said you can bring a printout from their web site.
    02-10-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD