I purchased Tapatalk yesterday and so far haven't been able to get it to work at all. All I get when launching the app is a blank black screen, which appears to me to be the Android player. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried deleting and reinstalling Tapatalk, as well as shutting down and restarting the Playbook.

Thanks for your time.
    02-27-12 10:33 PM
    I purchased Tapatalk yesterday and so far haven't been able to get it to work at all. All I get when launching the app is a blank black screen, which appears to me to be the Android player. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried deleting and reinstalling Tapatalk, as well as shutting down and restarting the Playbook.

Thanks for your time.
    Just make sure when you are using tapatalk app for the first time, your PB should be in PORTRAIT MODE. After doing this, the app should run fine. For later runs, you can rotate to LANDSCAPE mode. I don't know why but the app doesn't run for the first time if you are in landscape mode.
    Let me know if it helps.
    02-28-12 01:10 AM
    Thanks very much for your tip. Unfortunately, it made no difference. I even uninstalled tapatalk, rebooted the playbook, reinstalled tapatalk and then tried to launch it - no joy, though. Any other ideas out there?
    02-28-12 06:13 PM
    Just make sure when you are using tapatalk app for the first time, your PB should be in PORTRAIT MODE. After doing this, the app should run fine. For later runs, you can rotate to LANDSCAPE mode. I don't know why but the app doesn't run for the first time if you are in landscape mode.
    Let me know if it helps.
    i have my PB orientation locked at landscape. each time when i launches tapatalk, it switches to portrait. i will have to unlock the orientation, landscape by PB, and lock it again. quite annoying.
    02-28-12 07:20 PM
    I've tried deleting tapatalk, then reinstalling. Each time it gets to 50% installed, then gives me �installed error 0008", yet the Tapatalk icon shows up in my apps, and when I launch it, nothing but a blank black screen. Can anyone shed light on this error?
    02-28-12 08:59 PM
    I've tried deleting tapatalk, then reinstalling. Each time it gets to 50% installed, then gives me �installed error 0008", yet the Tapatalk icon shows up in my apps, and when I launch it, nothing but a blank black screen. Can anyone shed light on this error?
    You might have to re-install your OS. A user reported to me that when they installed the official OS 2... the android player wasn't installed or wasn't working correctly. They re-installed their OS and it started working. I'm not a 100% sure that will fix the problem...
    02-28-12 09:02 PM
    You might have to re-install your OS. A user reported to me that when they installed the official OS 2... the android player wasn't installed or wasn't working correctly. They re-installed their OS and it started working. I'm not a 100% sure that will fix the problem...
    Well, it's not a problem with the Android player, since other Android apps seem to work just fine. Any other ideas?
    03-01-12 07:48 PM
    I am getting nothing but a black screen with any android apps that I want to run. I could this AM, but not this pM
    03-05-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD