Anyone have actual experience with any of the waterproof cases out there for the PB? I'd like to sit by the pool and not worry about spilling my beer on my PB, etc.
    11-01-11 09:07 AM
    I've used the DryPak #DP-68C successfully, even typing. Completely waterproof. I've used these DryPaks for years now when out kayaking. My PB fits perfectly into this size.
    DP-68C DRY PAK Camera Case
    11-01-11 10:03 AM
    if u want to sit by the pool i would get the otterbox case for it.. u can go on amazon and get it for alot less money than other websites.
    11-01-11 10:04 AM
    I bought the Aquapac Waterproof case for tablets not long after i got my PB in April. I cant say for sure if what they are selling now is the same product, but the one I got at the time was pretty terrible for the PB.

Pros:
    1. The waterproofing part is perfect, no worries about my PB getting wet.
    2. i've used it for commuting to appointments. The case comes with a nice strap that I can sling over my shoulder for carrying or over my neck for using.
    3. The PB is very responsive through the case. Not as good when its wet but no waterproof case that I've seen reviewed for any BB product is as responsive when wet.
    4. I would have no worries submerging my PB with this case.

Cons:
    1. The case is so big you could easily put 2 PB in it. I think its meant for the iPad.
    2. One side of the case is clear, the other side opaque. This means your PB camera won't be usable while in the case.

I complained and got a credit for the value of the case. I haven't seen a different waterproof case on the market but I haven't been looking since I don't take pictures with my PB, I use my BB.
    11-01-11 10:11 AM
    Can you touch type through a zip lock bag? Haven't tried it.
    11-01-11 10:12 AM
    I've tried it. ZipLoc works great, walking around in the rain. No real issues with typing and swiping though the bag. Camera results are a bit fuzzy mind you.

Not exactly going to be the most stylish solution, mind you...
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-01-11 10:15 AM
    I've used the DryPak #DP-68C successfully, even typing. Completely waterproof. I've used these DryPaks for years now when out kayaking. My PB fits perfectly into this size.
    DP-68C DRY PAK Camera Case
    Hey thanks! Do you know if a local camera retailer would sell these too?
    11-01-11 10:29 AM
    if u want to sit by the pool i would get the otterbox case for it.. u can go on amazon and get it for alot less money than other websites.
    Otterbox no longer offers any waterproof cases.
    11-01-11 10:38 AM
    I've tried it. ZipLoc works great, walking around in the rain. No real issues with typing and swiping though the bag. Camera results are a bit fuzzy mind you.

Not exactly going to be the most stylish solution, mind you...
    You need to use a ziplock that has not carried your peanut butter and jelly sandwich for clearer pictures! My BB phone went hiking today in a ziplock as did my peanut butter and jelly sandwich - separate bags! I did take the pb on one hike and used a plastic shipping envelope but it was opaque.
    11-01-11 08:02 PM
    REI sells some of those cases - not sure about that model.
    11-01-11 08:04 PM
    I use a zip lock all the time for my PB and kindle at the pool and spa.
    works really well. Get the double lock.
    11-01-11 09:02 PM
    ZipLock and otterbox Commuter. :P

Even tested reception underwater.
    (reception sucks underwater)
    11-01-11 09:03 PM
    I would also suggest throwing a silica gel pack in the ziplock... or even the waterproof cases if space permits.
    11-01-11 09:38 PM
    I would also suggest throwing a silica gel pack in the ziplock... or even the waterproof cases if space permits.
    Maybe we could get Bla1ze to do a ziplock beer test with one of his dispensable Playbooks...
    11-01-11 10:00 PM
    There's a video of the Casio Commander Android or some such phone, placed in a container and frozen. Maybe someone from the Great White North could try that with their pb.
    11-01-11 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD