In December I bought an iPad. Found out it wasn't the Tablet for me.

In February I traded the iPad for a Toughbook Laptop Convertible.

In March I started looking for a true Tablet that would be a good tool in my line of work, Sales.

I have a new WP7 and was pretty happy with it, so I was looking at the 12 inch Asus Eee Slate. Price, Battery Performance and Size worked against it (not to mention I was waiting for an update on my WP7 and it was delayed, shun Microsoft).

I read some reviews on the Playbook and use a Blackberry for work, so I bought a 64Gb Playbook in July.

Had it for a week and did not think it was the Tablet for me. Returned.

Then as I continue to search for a Tablet, I keep reading the Forums on Crackberry and see the new OS7 Phones, and hear about the new updates coming for the Playbook.

In the meantime, Microsoft is dragging their feet on Mango, so my patience is wearing thin on Microsoft.

I decide it may be time to re-visit the Playbook and replace my Windows Phone with a Blackberry 9860.

Done. $1100+ later and I am a FanBoi.

Playbook still seems unfinished, but the Phone is alright so I soldier on.

I like the combination, but still see some small issues that should have been fixed by now (Global Auto Correct, Bluetooth Audio, Docs to Go, etc...)

I like the size I like the way it works, I promote it to a guy in Best Buy, I am drinking the Kool Aid.

Windows Phone Mango drops, I go into Best Buy and play with my Phone and the Asus Eee Slate again. 4 or 5 updates later and I am sync'd up.

I was impressed (don't believe the hype, the Windows 7 Tablet done right works awesome, battery life still sucks hard though)

Office built in, WIFi, Bluetooth, etc... a complete package.

For a brief moment I feel Buyer's Remorse, but I pick up my new phone and 7 inch Tablet and it disappears. For a while.

RIM tells me that OS 2.0 is coming after Devcon and the issues I want fixed look like a done deal. No more Buyer's Remorse.

And now, here we are.

WIndows Phone is updated and almost as powerful as my Playbook, Microsoft is announcing new Tablets.

I will say this about Microsoft, they kept me informed throughout the entire update process with a online schedule that was updated regularly. Mango was promised in the Fall and it dropped mid October.

RIM is a disappointment and as much as I wish I could, I will not wait for these small issues to be fixed in February after the Company itself did not deliver what it said it would.

I will be selling my Playbook and 9860 as a Package. Once I have decided on a fair price, I will post it here.

If the stock takes a dive today I will not be surprised. I am starting to think the Playbooks in the Warehouse are going into the hands of Enterprise Users with stripped down versions of QNX for better business apps. I do not see this becoming a Consumer item based on the posts here and their track record.

It is well built and the potential is huge, but execution is abysmal.

That is the only issue for me failed to do what they said.
    10-26-11 09:22 AM
    This is why I should never impulse post. Reverted back to OS 1.7 and feel much better about keeping the Playbook. I will reserve my enthusiasm for it, but will continue to use it until it gets better or dies a slow death. My apologies for my flip flop.
    10-28-11 02:18 PM
    Nice story, but I fail to get the point.....

P.S. Too much of flip-flopping, I will stick to my flip-flops and relax with my PB
    10-28-11 02:43 PM
    This is why I should never impulse post. Reverted back to OS 1.7 and feel much better about keeping the Playbook. I will reserve my enthusiasm for it, but will continue to use it until it gets better or dies a slow death. My apologies for my flip flop.
    No apologies needed, as cr*ppy as what RIM hasnt done with the playbook, and thus, crappy to the owners, the best option out there is a no-winner (ipad). The playbook itself is a good device but simply way, way underutilized, unfinished.

The anger you read and feel from most in here is born of frustration, knowing how awesome this device could and hooefully one day will be... but we feel incompetence on RIM's part has allowed it to stay dead in the water for 6 months when we darn well know it could be a lot further along in its development... not finished by any means but not basically where it was at from launch day.

The reason we were given is they still cant figure out native bbm, a variation of the problem of making multiple devices share the same BBID. Thats a lie, and makes the situation worse knowing they are covering up bad business practices with bad lies.

I say its a lie because, tho the problem is probably a real one, no way is that a legit excue for sitting around and not developing ANY of the device. How does that stop autocorrect? bridge features (music, videos, etc)?

Answer: It doesnt.

At present it still has more potential than any device out there but while it sits and stagnates the competition can, and will, catch up. Another four MONTHS? That may be too late... as devices are released with what the laybook is still lacking, and we are still told is "coming soon".... lets face it... at this point you are foolish to believe any dates they give. February included.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FF22 likes this.
    10-28-11 02:50 PM
    I enjoyed the story but the PB/BB combo is unbeatable. No wifi up at the cottage and don't need it. My Bold also pulls in a usable signal better than the leading competitor.
    10-28-11 02:52 PM
    No apologies needed, as cr*ppy as what RIM hasnt done with the playbook, and thus, crappy to the owners, the best option out there is a no-winner (ipad). The playbook itself is a good device but simply way, way underutilized, unfinished.

The anger you read and feel from most in here is born of frustration, knowing how awesome this device could and hooefully one day will be... but we feel incompetence on RIM's part has allowed it to stay dead in the water for 6 months when we darn well know it could be a lot further along in its development... not finished by any means but not basically where it was at from launch day.

The reason we were given is they still cant figure out native bbm, a variation of the problem of making multiple devices share the same BBID. Thats a lie, and makes the situation worse knowing they are covering up bad business practices with bad lies.

I say its a lie because, tho the problem is probably a real one, no way is that a legit excue for sitting around and not developing ANY of the device. How does that stop autocorrect? bridge features (music, videos, etc)?

Answer: It doesnt.

At present it still has more potential than any device out there but while it sits and stagnates the competition can, and will, catch up. Another four MONTHS? That may be too late... as devices are released with what the laybook is still lacking, and we are still told is "coming soon".... lets face it... at this point you are foolish to believe any dates they give. February included.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As the polls have indicated, the "anger" comes from a small group of malcontents.
    10-28-11 02:53 PM
    As the real public polls suggest - the general public and rim's normal 70 million or so users did not get the poll that says you really need this unfinished tablet.
    10-28-11 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD