AT&T Tethering help needed.
I just received my 64gb Playbook today. I have a Torch 9810 with AT&T. I see all of the posts on tethering with AT&T but I am really confused. I downloaded the Bridge version 22.214.171.124 on both the App world and then tried it via the rroyy.com website. Neither one is allowing the tethering to work. I have the data unlimited plan with AT&T so I do not want to lose that. Can someone guide me step-by-step on how to make this work? Thanks.
- 12-07-2011, 04:12 PM #4
From my understanding you're not supposed to download any bridge apps from the App World. The App World version is just for the non AT & T carriers. Use rroyy's only. If you do have the one from the App World, delete and uninstall it.
BTW congrats on your purchase!
- 12-07-2011, 04:19 PM #6
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM #7
- 445 Posts
1. make sure that your bluetooth and bridge are set to "on" on your playbook
2. make sure that bluetooth and bridge are turned on on your phone
3. now you can browse the internet using the browser icon
4. you can now check your emails, contacts, calendar on your playbook. Notice that the exclamation marks on the messages, calendar icons, etc are gone. This means that when you click on messages, you can now see emails on the playbook from your phone....
- 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM #10
There are two distinct options on AT&T:
1) Bridge Browser: Use the Bridge Browser by downloading the Bridge app from rroyy.com. (Make sure that you have deleted the AppWorld version first.) You can then use the Bridge browser at a decent speed.
2) Tethering: You can tether with AT &T and get a faster connection than using the Bridge (especially if your phone is on 4G with a good signal). This will cost you, as you must have a tethering plan from AT&T. To enable Tethering on your PB you go to options and initiate "Tethering".