What's the real deal with AT&T and the Blackberry Bridge? My contract is up, and I'm considering AT&T, but I've seen disparaging remarks here about AT&T (that they limit or charge extra for bridge use).

If AT&T is a no-go, what is the best (cheapest) US carrier to use the bridge? Sprint is not an option for me.
    11-30-11 02:25 PM
    The bridge app can be downloaded from a different source allowing you access to the bridge browser. I have att and it's working fine for me.
    rrrebo likes this.
    11-30-11 02:28 PM
    You can download the bridge from rroyy.com that will work just fine. Heck i have a unbranded bold on AT&T with the hotspot working with NO teathering on my account. AT&T 's is super fast and its nice to use ur playbook while on the phone. So AT&T is where its at.
    11-30-11 02:29 PM
    Thanks, guys. That is really encouraging because I have a limited choice in my area.
    11-30-11 02:33 PM
    You can download the bridge from rroyy.com that will work just fine. Heck i have a unbranded bold on AT&T with the hotspot working with NO teathering on my account. AT&T 's is super fast and its nice to use ur playbook while on the phone. So AT&T is where its at.
    I was wondering about att and the fees for the hotspot. How are the speeds on the PB comparing the bridge connection and hotspot.
    11-30-11 02:34 PM
    I just got rid of att and good riddance. Sure you can work around the bridge charge, but they will get you some other way.
    11-30-11 04:38 PM
    How were you able to do this? It isn't working for me for some reason...I'm using a 9800.
    11-30-11 05:52 PM
    I was wondering about att and the fees for the hotspot. How are the speeds on the PB comparing the bridge connection and hotspot.
    On the bold 9900 with 7.1 its free. The 9800 i think thats what you are using you cant do it.
    11-30-11 06:03 PM
    How were you able to do this? It isn't working for me for some reason...I'm using a 9800.
    what part? the Bridge or Hotspot?
    11-30-11 06:04 PM
    if you have a 9900 with 7.1 its free as far as speeds go i been pulling 10 mbps - 13.5 at night. It makes my playbook faster then if i am at my home wifi. It doesnt go thru biz so you get att H+ at full speed.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-30-11 06:06 PM
    Just the fact that they attempted to block it in app world is enough for me to consider another carrier, even if the block was unsuccessful. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan so they kind of have me trapped.
    If not I wouldn't use them, because of the nerve.
    11-30-11 07:16 PM
    I upgraded my plan from 2gb to 4gb and tethering was included. Bridge works fine. Cost an extra $20/month to upgrade.
    11-30-11 08:58 PM
    okay guys lil help here I got a16GB PB and a Bold 9000 and I have been reading about the work around and dont know where to go for the link. Second thing i am on an unlimited data plan that is grandfathered and have been out of contract since April of this year.

Im terrified to upgrade my phone b/c of the merger, possibly losing my plan,and ultimately getting into another 2 year contract with high term fees with no job in the last year. Do you think ATT will legacy the bold 9000 with no support anytime soon?

Love the PB but not able to bridge browser
    11-30-11 09:32 PM
    Just the fact that they attempted to block it in app world is enough for me to consider another carrier, even if the block was unsuccessful. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan so they kind of have me trapped.
    If not I wouldn't use them, because of the nerve.
    Sold a PB to my coworker today who has a BB on AT&T and while he successfully downloaded the bridge app from App World, the "Bridge Browser" was missing after he bridged. Is the bridge app "crippled" for AT&T customers when downloading from App World? I'm on Sprint and got the app from App World with no issues...
    11-30-11 10:20 PM
    Yes att is blocking the bridge browser. If your using att do not download the bridge app from app world. Follow this link from your phone.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=621230
    Delete the app you downloaded from app world then and download the correct bridge from the link. It works for my 9800 and it should also work for your 9000.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 12-01-11 at 12:27 AM.
    11-30-11 10:47 PM
    if you have a 9900 with 7.1 its free as far as speeds go i been pulling 10 mbps - 13.5 at night. It makes my playbook faster then if i am at my home wifi. It doesnt go thru biz so you get att H+ at full speed.
    Thanks. That's good info for me and the OP. Just need to get a device using OS7. Well just the bold at the moment? I'm trying to decide between upgrading now or waiting for the next generation. I think the the hotspot making an apperance will make the decision for me.
    11-30-11 10:58 PM
    Visit rroyy.com for avoiding the AT&T limitation.
    12-01-11 12:16 AM
    Thank you Chadface it works, it really works! i so am happy I took the time to post.
    12-01-11 06:33 AM
    Glad I could help a neighbor.
    We have very similar stories. I don't think att will mess with your unlimited data unless you change to a capped data plan. Then you can't go back. You should be able to switch to a different BB without issue. I have been looking to buy a new phone outright to avoid signing a new contract because I don't know what the future holds. I see them now and then on the lancaster / reading craigslist. Good luck to you.
    12-01-11 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD