Just curious to know if any Bold 9900 (T-Mobile preferably) users have seen a faster browsing experience on the PlayBook with HSPA+?
    09-01-11 09:26 AM
    This matter has been discussed several times.

The present 9900 can only communicate with the PB by BT (relatively slow speed).
    That being said, the full 4G speed can not be achieved, but perhaps EDGE or 3G.
    RIM has not announced for the 9900 if WIFI HotSpot (relatively fast speed) will be an upgrade which will overcome the speed barrier.
    Last edited by mandony; 09-01-11 at 11:21 AM.
    09-01-11 11:19 AM
    Hotspot won't be free though.

What speeds are people actually getting with OS7 phones on HSPA+ or LTE?? (using Bridge)

Considering you can stream SD video and music with 1MB data easily, if you can maintain +1.5MB fairly regularly, that's quite a lot you can do for "free" on Bridge with the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Blacklac; 09-01-11 at 01:55 PM.
    09-01-11 01:52 PM
    Hotspot won't be free though.

What speeds are people actually getting with OS7 phones on HSPA+ or LTE?? (using Bridge)

Considering you can stream SD video and music with 1MB data easily, if you can maintain +1.5MB fairly regularly, that's quite a lot you can do for "free" on Bridge with the Playbook.

I hope they male a special WiFi Bridge for the PlayBook
    09-01-11 01:57 PM
    Oh man, that would be awesome. Never thought of that. Shao does keep mentioning a big Bridge feature. Doubt that's it but... That would be awesome.

09-01-11 02:20 PM
    So with HSPA+ there is no difference in speed... same as 3G?
    09-06-11 10:22 AM
    So with HSPA+ there is no difference in speed... same as 3G?
    correct ... limit by BT
    09-06-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD