I use MediaMonkey 4 for my music and syncing to my iPod. I've been trying to sync it directly to my PB but no luck. But I did discover a trick. Perhaps someone may find it useful.

First, I installed this addon to MM4
    Export M3Us/Create Playlists for Child Nodes (MediaMonkey Add-on)

This does batch exporting of playlists as m3u files. I configured it to create the playlist file with proper file structures pointing to the mp3s. I also set it up to auto-export when closing MM. I export the m3u files to a folder within my music library. To configure, right click on 'Playlists'.

I made sure my WMP points to the same library (as I don't use it for music). I opened WMP to make sure it detects/indexes the playlists that MM exported. And so it did.

So I opened BDM and went to sync music and my playlists where there. Checked the ones I wanted and synced it. Sweet!

The music app on the PB is really good too. Although the playlist avatars that are divided into 4 pictures had mixed up art. For example, one playlist was a single album with the songs having the same album art. But the playlist avatar shows some album art from another list. Not a big deal.
    02-07-12 06:24 AM
    I ran into a problem a while ago but I may have screwed up the process. I also did not know about that plug in. My problem is that I keep all of my music in folders by either artist, composer or even album. So I have about 100+ folders on the pb (and on my computer, etc). When I tried creating one huge playlist of all my music (figuring I would then edit and create a series of separate ones), it moved all of my mp3's into one folder. My entire folder structure evaporated! YIKES!
    02-07-12 09:14 AM
    It sounds like you needed to make one playlist in MM called ALL MUSIC as an example. Then go to the location of all your music where you have a 'All' folder that will likely list all your music in all your folders. Select all, and drag to the above playlist. Export as a m3u for WMP to pick up and and sync to the PB. From there, can you modify playlists on the PB? I haven't tried that yet. I'm not sure if I'm on the same page as you on your issue either. lol
    02-07-12 09:28 AM
    I'm a bit reluctant to mess with this again. What I was trying to do is create a sort of MASS template that would have all my mp3's in it. Then I could edit and sort to create a variety of playlists. Obviously, I was not sure of what would happen and when I attempted to carry it over to the pb, everything (for want of a better term) got smushed! My folder structure imploded and all mp3's were moved into the music root on the pb. (chuckling now but not then)

I've since used Tag/rename to create individual playlists and will work on combing some of those.
    02-07-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD