It seems logical to believe that a BB phone (like my Bold) would automatically sync its calendar with that of a PB Calendar if I had one (deciding which tablet to buy and this is important). From looking at these posts, it seems not. (I know that calendars on iPhone and iPad and Mac all sync atuomatically). Ques: Can I simply sync Calendar from Bold 9780 (OS 6) with PB Calendar? Thanks
    05-26-12 05:53 AM
    There is calendar sync if you use something like google.

I want bluetooth sync between my phone and pb...that's surely coming

Desktop manager (for mac) doesn't have calendar sync for the playbook...YET

The best tablet for a BB phone is the playbook. Bridge gives you added features.
    05-26-12 07:34 AM
    So far without some kind of an external service (ie: google), I dont think its possible.

I my self use Gmail to sync all my calendar appointments between my Torch 9800 and PlayBook... and I have to say, it works great.

But since one of RIM's recent acquisition(s), they bought out a Cloud service company, which may hint that they may be coming with their own service to go with the BB10 OS to sync items.
    05-26-12 10:34 AM
    It seems logical to believe that a BB phone (like my Bold) would automatically sync its calendar with that of a PB Calendar if I had one (deciding which tablet to buy and this is important). From looking at these posts, it seems not.(I know that calendars on iPhone and iPad and Mac all sync atuomatically). Ques: Can I simply sync Calendar from Bold 9780 (OS 6) with PB Calendar? Thanks
    We have them and it has to do it through iTunes or a cloud service, no different than any other pad, including the PB. Our PB calendars sync with our phones and PC's quicker than my wife's iPad and phone would sync, and more reliably, back when she was still using it.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-26-12 at 10:49 AM.
    05-26-12 10:46 AM
    So, RotorWrench, or any one else who knows .... you are saying that I can wirelessly sync my BB Bold calendar with a PlayBook Calendar? Any site where there may be instructions? Much thanks !!!!!!!!!
    05-26-12 11:55 AM
    You need to download Google sync to your phone
    Google Sync for your phone
    Then add your Gmail account to the PB.
    05-26-12 12:04 PM
    So, RotorWrench, or any one else who knows .... you are saying that I can wirelessly sync my BB Bold calendar with a PlayBook Calendar? Any site where there may be instructions? Much thanks !!!!!!!!!
    With 3rd party/external sync/cloud service: yes
    Without 3rd party/external sync/cloud service:no

Cheers
    05-26-12 12:05 PM
    You need to download Google sync to your phone
    Google Sync for your phone
    Then add your Gmail account to the PB.
    I believe that's getting discontinued for BlackBerry. You can just add gmail as an email through the email setup and it'll give an option to sync contacts, calendar and emails.

I use it both on my BlackBerry and PlayBook and it works great.

Only complain is email deletion sync takes time to sync with blackberry handheld if an emailed is deleted on the playbook or gmail Web inbox
    yasmar likes this.
    05-26-12 12:09 PM
    Here's a screet shot from my e-mail setup for Gmail.. just to show you the options.

Hope it helps.
    05-26-12 12:17 PM
    Thanks so much !
    05-26-12 12:27 PM
    Thanks so much !
    Not problemo
    05-26-12 12:48 PM
    I believe that's getting discontinued for BlackBerry. You can just add gmail as an email through the email setup and it'll give an option to sync contacts, calendar and emails.

I use it both on my BlackBerry and PlayBook and it works great.

Only complain is email deletion sync takes time to sync with blackberry handheld if an emailed is deleted on the playbook or gmail Web inbox
    Thanks! I never noticed those options on my Bold 9900 before. It was a bit annoying having 2 different calendars...I'm all synced up now
    05-26-12 04:01 PM
    I thought that I would have it, but I cannot seem to get to that screen of the screen shot. Can someone guide me?? Much thanks !
    05-26-12 07:09 PM
    Yes !!!!!! I found it in 'set up' on Bold. Thanks !
    05-26-12 07:17 PM
    +1 for the Google Mail (Gmail) setup

Been using Gmail on my BlackBerry Smartphone and PlayBook, it works very nicely. A definite benefit is that any changes made on my BlackBerry Curve translate instantly over to the web version via a computer as well as the native PlayBook calendar. The only thing that doesn't sync instantly is changes from the PlayBook or web to the phone. It takes about 20 minutes but nonetheless it works.

With BlackBerry 10 I suspect that issue will be long gone.
    Andrew4life likes this.
    05-26-12 07:22 PM
    Glad it's working for you Richard427 and yasmar.
    05-26-12 09:01 PM
    You do not have to use any third party software. Set up your gmail account on your phone and it has options for syncing. it will sync with your PB once you add that account to your PB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-12 06:36 AM
    I wonder if now that my BB Bold native calendar syncs well with Google calendar in both directions (yes, a 20 minute delay from Google calendar to BB Bold, can I assume that Google calendar will sync with most tablets (Ipad, Android) and therefore my Bold calendar will sync with a tablet of any species? Any one know??
    05-27-12 07:14 AM
    I wonder if now that my BB Bold native calendar syncs well with Google calendar in both directions (yes, a 20 minute delay from Google calendar to BB Bold, can I assume that Google calendar will sync with most tablets (Ipad, Android) and therefore my Bold calendar will sync with a tablet of any species? Any one know??
    As long as the tablet supports calendar sync then it should work. Some features may not be available. I'll give you an example. When I first added gmail to my PlayBook using the "microsoft exchange active sync", it didn't allow me to invite Attendees to my appointments. I had to disable calendar sync on that, re-add calendar using Caldav.

Cheers

P. S. - Rich, I tried to reply to your PM but said I couldn't reply because your setup not to receive PMs.
    05-27-12 10:56 AM
    You do not have to use any third party software. Set up your gmail account on your phone and it has options for syncing. it will sync with your PB once you add that account to your PB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Gmail is a third party .. What Rich was talking about was a direct sync between his BlackBerry And PlayBook without something like gmail.

Cheers
    05-27-12 11:13 AM
    Thanks, Bash Man. I think I properly changed the settings. After using BB for 5 years, I just started using this forum. If I knew then, what I know now ......... I'd have had more fun with my Bold all this time. Oh well, I've done that before.
    05-27-12 01:46 PM
    After using BB for 5 years, I just started using this forum. If I knew then, what I know now ......... I'd have had more fun with my Bold all this time. Oh well, I've done that before.
    Better late than never
    05-27-12 02:51 PM
    So, please be specific in your reply if you would: How do I sync contacts and calendar between my PB and BB9900 via Gmail? I need a way to print off a calendar for an entire year, and don't think there is a way from PB or BB, so have to go to something on my laptop -- right?

Thanks!
    01-07-13 04:16 PM
    So, please be specific in your reply if you would: How do I sync contacts and calendar between my PB and BB9900 via Gmail? I need a way to print off a calendar for an entire year, and don't think there is a way from PB or BB, so have to go to something on my laptop -- right?

Thanks!
    On the bb phone you can see a LIST of all appts in Agenda view. I don't see a way to print it. Might be a question to ask in the 9900 forum.
    01-07-13 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD