OK; I've done some searching, but couldn't get a clear answer to my questions.

I've enjoyed my office-issue PB so much that I've decided to purchase one (if all goes well, it should be in my hot little hands by Sunday ). I assume my current screen name was either automatically assigned by BB or was done by ofc IT, and I used my work e-mail as my BBID username for both my (office) phone and PB.

I plan to return the ofc PB, but want to bridge the new PB with my phone. I also want to set up the personal PB with a new (personal) e-mail address for the BBID username.

1) Can I bridge the PB with the phone if they have different usernames? Does it matter?

2) I had not purchased any apps on the ofc pb, but will do so with the personal one. Will I have to download all the free/sideloaded apps again or are they associated with my account somewhere?

3) What's the difference between the BBID, screen name, and BBID username?

Thanks as usual for the help.
    05-11-12 08:36 AM
    1- Yes you can Bridge if you could with the office issued Playbook, unless they block the feature when you return the PlayBook. You can even retain the office PlayBook and bridge to both, but not at the same time. Each Playbook would need a different BlackBerryID, not in particular for Bridging, but for things like video chat and maybe print to go.

2- The PlayBook apps are associated with the BlackBerryID on your office issued PlayBook. You will have to redownload and reload any sideloaded apps.

3) You can use the office PlayBook ( under settings) or Online to change the email of the BlackBerryID, but still retain the same BlackBerryID, assuming you know the existing BBID password. The BlackberryID has a unique identifier (account number) that we don't see, so changing the email or screen name does not change that unique ID number, just changes the info on the account. Keep in mind that this would also change the BlackBerryID email for your phone if you have it setup under the same ID. You may want to just setup a new BlackBerryID.

When you change the BlackBerryID email address, make sure you have access to that email as I think it sends a confirmation email. It may also send one to the old email.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-11-12 at 08:50 AM.
    pronomad likes this.
    05-11-12 08:41 AM
    I too have a work issued PB and my personal PB. I am able to bridge both to my 9930. I have a unique BBID for both. We are not allowed to download apps currently to the work PB (BES) until they finish integrating Fusion and Balance. Then we will. Nevertheless I haven't had to deal with the app situation.
    pronomad likes this.
    05-11-12 09:33 AM
    1- Yes you can Bridge if you could with the office issued Playbook, unless they block the feature when you return the PlayBook. You can even retain the office PlayBook and bridge to both, but not at the same time. Each Playbook would need a different BlackBerryID, not in particular for Bridging, but for things like video chat and maybe print to go.

2- The PlayBook apps are associated with the BlackBerryID on your office issued PlayBook. You will have to redownload and reload any sideloaded apps.

3) You can use the office PlayBook ( under settings) or Online to change the email of the BlackBerryID, but still retain the same BlackBerryID, assuming you know the existing BBID password. The BlackberryID has a unique identifier (account number) that we don't see, so changing the email or screen name does not change that unique ID number, just changes the info on the account. Keep in mind that this would also change the BlackBerryID email for your phone if you have it setup under the same ID. You may want to just setup a new BlackBerryID.

When you change the BlackBerryID email address, make sure you have access to that email as I think it sends a confirmation email. It may also send one to the old email.
    Thanks Robsteve; I suspected as much re the apps, but no big deal.

I'm still unclear re point #3 though. I do know the password associated with my current BBID email address; so you're saying that creating a new e-mail address for the personal PB would also change the e-mail address for my phone? Makes sense to me, and as long as I can bridge the two devices, what would then be the advantage of creating a new BBID?
    05-12-12 02:43 AM
    If you have a personal BB phone with it's own ID , just log the personal PB to that , so your BB phone and Playbook are on the same account , that's the way i have my BB and Playbook .
    05-12-12 02:55 AM
    Actually I'll have an office BB phone and personal PB
    05-12-12 03:00 AM
    Thanks Robsteve; I suspected as much re the apps, but no big deal.

I'm still unclear re point #3 though. I do know the password associated with my current BBID email address; so you're saying that creating a new e-mail address for the personal PB would also change the e-mail address for my phone? Makes sense to me, and as long as I can bridge the two devices, what would then be the advantage of creating a new BBID?
    It will not change any email addresses that you are using to send and receive mail. If BlackBerryID is setup on your phone, the email address shown in the email field will be changed and pushed to your phone. This will be the email address you need to input if you ever have to login to BlackBerryID on your phone.
    05-12-12 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD