Okay, I'm going ahead and making the switch from Verizon DSL to fios and will be getting an Actiontec router. Anybody else have this set up only, and not using their own router? I'm kind of nervous about it playing nice with my PB, and my wireless printer.

Would it be better to try and use my netgear along with the actiontec? I won't have fios tv or voice, just internet. I'm not worried about wirless on my BB, just my PB (and wireless printer).
    04-28-11 08:14 AM
    I have FIOS with the Actiontec router. Zero problems.
    04-28-11 08:16 AM
    PB works very well on our FIOS at home. Not there so I cannot look at the router but is the one Verizon supplied. Not a single issue so far.
    04-28-11 08:24 AM
    I haven't had a problem with mine yet and my router has been know to give me issues in the past because of the password being lost and what not.

My old laptop used to have connection problems but again it might have been my password issues.

My router is starting to give me issues but it is in my unfinished, soon to be finished. The metal studs might be a good thing or a bad thing. My connection works but sometimes it could be weak but again that is my issue not the routers.

I wont sell you on the TV aspect because well that sells itself if you do swtich to there TV service but I will say this. No need for netflix as I can watch movies on demand on my TV, Phone, Computer or the Playbook and apparently it saves my place if I switch devices or rooms in the middle of the watching it.

In addition. I will be on vacation soon and plan on trying to use my Playbook and Laptop to try FiOS' on demand features and will try to do a write up on the ease (hopefully) of use.

EDIT: I have this router. I will be turning off the wireless function is a few months and going with a Pass/Seymour/On-Q device. Which will be mounted in the ceiling.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 04-28-11 at 09:17 AM.
    04-28-11 08:34 AM
    i've had fios for a while and it plays great with everything including the PB
    04-28-11 08:35 AM
    Fios works fine with PB - The ISP really doesn't matter, as long as you have good speeds.

PB works fine with my DIR 655 router.
    04-28-11 08:40 AM
    we only had FIOS TV for 3 days. the picture wasn't as clear as direct tv AND they said they had NFL ticket, which isn't true. we didn't know at the time but direct tv has a contract w/ the nfl and they are the only ones with that "watch any game" feature. My hubby dang near had a coronary on sunday when he realized he didn't have all the games.
    04-28-11 08:41 AM
    I've never used the Actiontec wireless functionality. Do the newer ones support 802.11n? I can say that the Playbook works flawlessly with Apple Airport Extremes that connect to the Actiontec Router from FIOS.
    04-28-11 09:03 AM
    Thanks for all the info! I will not be switching to fios tv because I want to stay married. Basically all he requires is to be left alone during football season with his NFL ticket, which FIOS does not have

Actually I LOVE football too, so it works out well.
    04-28-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD