Maybe someone posted this before but i could not find it immediatly.
    I found out that when there is a map open like games . And you want to close this one , you do not have to push the x in the left corner.
    Just swipe(bottombezel) from right to left and voila...

Anyone knew about it?
    Strikkie likes this.
    01-19-13 06:35 AM
    Hmmmm.... I'll have to try that,

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work.
    01-19-13 06:47 AM
    Strange... Which software do you have

Hmmmm.... I'll have to try that,

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work.
    petes03 likes this.
    01-19-13 06:59 AM
    I've been wondering how to get back to the start screen myself.I was getting fed up with closing and reopening the app.thankyou for this
    RubenDM likes this.
    01-19-13 07:06 AM
    I found out that when there is a map open like games . And you want to close this one , you do not have to push the x in the left corner.

Anyone knew about it?
    That doesn't work. I know you can swipe the app UP to close it, you do not have to use the x.
    01-19-13 07:07 AM
    it works all the way back to the crackberry start screen.were we supposed to work this out for ourselves or is there any instructions.I didn't notice any
    01-19-13 07:08 AM
    That doesn't work. I know you can swipe the app UP to close it, you do not have to use the x.
    What i actually mean is : when you go into afolder like games etc . Without opening a app , you can just swipe from the right bottom corner te the left ( if you do it untill you reach te bb logo it also works) . If i do this , the folder closes , just as it closes when you push the x...
    Maybe i should upload it with a video
    01-19-13 07:15 AM
    What i actually mean is : when you go into afolder like games etc . Without opening a app , you can just swipe from the right bottom corner te the left ( if you do it untill you reach te bb logo it also works) . If i do this , the folder closes , just as it closes when you push the x...
    Video would be great. I can't recreate what you are saying. Do you have the latest os? 2.1.0.1314 ?
    01-19-13 07:35 AM
    Video would be great. I can't recreate what you are saying. Do you have the latest os? 2.1.0.1314 ?
    Indeed latest os 2.1.0.1314
    Sorry but i'm from belgium and it isn't that easy to tell exactly how it works , but i'll try to make a video!
    01-19-13 07:46 AM
    This is actually in the manual. Works for folders and android apps.
    01-19-13 07:52 AM
    Seems like you can find it in the manual ( i never read those )
    But i made a short video , as i promissed :
    Vorkosigan, eephus1, CdaS and 4 others like this.
    01-19-13 08:08 AM
    thanks for the info
    01-19-13 08:09 AM
    Its strange that this can be done along the bezel rather than on an angle up from right to left like I've been doing this whole time. The bezel is easier. But this still only works with mostly android apps and a few other things. This kind of gesture should have been implemented into everything not just as a quick solution to not having a back button like androids. Just imagine swiping back to go back a page in the browser instead of tapping that little back arrow. That would be nice. It would also be good as a quick pause/menu gesture in games.
    01-19-13 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the information, just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about swipe gestures. You can also swipe left to right. To close a file you must swipe on the bottom bezel somewhere between the vertical bezel and the blackberry logo.
    01-19-13 08:32 AM
    Works Great. Thanks for passing it on. I sometimes sit in front of my laptop and swipe and then sit there wondering why nothing is happening.
    01-19-13 03:03 PM

Anyone knew about it?

you dont have to swipe from the right to the left, just use the 'swipe method' you also use in ANDROID APPLICATIONS to go back. nothing new actually
    01-19-13 03:17 PM
    you dont have to swipe from the right to the left, just use the 'swipe method' you also use in ANDROID APPLICATIONS to go back. nothing new actually
    I'm sorry . Did not know about this swipe method
    01-19-13 04:13 PM
    That's really cool. I had no idea about this and I've had my PlayBook since a month after it launched!
    RubenDM likes this.
    01-19-13 04:54 PM
    Didnt know this one! Thnx
    RubenDM likes this.
    01-19-13 05:36 PM
    Now that I understand what you mean, it works lol.
    RubenDM likes this.
    01-19-13 11:37 PM
    Nice. I've been swiping diagonally from the corner all this time, but it works more consistently this way.
    RubenDM likes this.
    01-20-13 01:29 AM
    This works in either direction, I find left-to-right easier with my right hand and right-to-left easier with my left hand. If you are in the Tapatalk app or any other Android app, press the "i" button on the bottom toolbar for an illustration of the gesture.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    01-20-13 07:32 AM
    I actually sometimes swipe from the bottom of my iphone to close or leave apps . Oooouwwwch it's not a bb10 "doesn't work"
    Love my playbook and getting the z10soon

Works Great. Thanks for passing it on. I sometimes sit in front of my laptop and swipe and then sit there wondering why nothing is happening.
    01-22-13 01:19 AM
    Thank you, I didn't know as I keep PlayBook in my leather case most of the time so it covers the edges.
    01-22-13 05:42 PM