So the other day I was at Staples and I noticed that there was a table near the copy center with a bunch of tablet accessories. When I walked up to the table, it turned out to be a table set aside from the rest containing only BROOKSTONE tablet accessories, like cases and bluetooth keyboards and mice, etc.

Now I wasn't going t even bother looking through them cause I assumed they would all be iPAd accessories only. But then I figured that Brookstone make some pretty cool stuff, so why not check them out? Perhaps I can find a nice BT keyboard for my PB.

And to my surprise, they was a super sweeeeeet case for the Playbook on display there! It's Stylish, has open spaces for all the ports/speakers/mics, and has a High and Low stand on the back! I was so ready to snatch one up, (cause there were 2 left, and according to the sales rep their Brookstone tablet accessories were selling like hotcakes) but unfortunately the case is about $70 and I wasn't about to spend that much on a case! Even if its a really awesome one.

For for those of you who like to spend alittle extra dough on some pretty cool tech accessories, check out the Brookstone section of your local Staples. Heres some pics of the case below.

The Long Stand

The Short Stand

11-21-11 11:37 AM
    The way the Playbook fits in it, with a lot of the bezel covered in leather, will make the swipe gestures difficult. I have a Trexta case which has similar coverage on the sides, but an open top and bottom, and it is difficult to do the side swipes.
    11-21-11 11:46 AM
    I like how it looks, and need to get something when my Playbook arrives (Best Buy). Any comments from current case users out there on how it would affect their hands-on use?

BTW - here's a discussion on other cases to click - got me to thinking...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-671875/
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 11-21-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added link to other thread
    pelletizer likes this.
    11-21-11 11:47 AM
    Very cool case but I would have a tough time dropping $70 on a case when the PB only cost me $198.
    11-21-11 12:23 PM
    Very cool case but I would have a tough time dropping $70 on a case when the PB only cost me $198.
    LOL same here. Hope the price is reduced eventually, but because its Brookstone, itll probably never go down...
    11-21-11 01:50 PM
    I have a neoprene skin and the bb leather case.excellent combo.Purchased both on sale at the Source,less than half price.
    11-21-11 02:06 PM
    Could we see a picture with the playbook inside and with it powered on?

(I want to make sure the bottom right keyboard shortcut is accessible.
    11-21-11 02:06 PM
    Truth is not many good cases out there for the PB probably due to the low sales volumes. Decent cases for the PB are $80 and above. Really feels great naked but looks very breakable. Check out senacases.com and vajacases.com, but be warned if you're bothered about spending $70. 15% discount code available for anyone that fancies a senacase, i have one its nice very good quality leather, bezel is relatively free. The vaja is much better, very nice indeed at twice the price! (like $140)
    11-21-11 02:20 PM
    Looks KOOL, but I'm concerned about having access to the bezel once PlayBook is inserted. Can you show a picture?
    11-21-11 02:58 PM
    since but too much. will check it out and see if it is reduced for Blackfriday oron brookstone webpage. thanks for the pics
    11-21-11 03:00 PM
    Sorry OP, not trying to thread jack ya but i found a similar case that opens bottom to top. short and long stand. Came with mini hdmi cord and screen protector. All on ebay, bundled package. Pretty good quality also. Did I forget to mention pretty darn cheap too! I'll post pics later (of playbook in case).

Actually here is the link.

Leather Case+HDMI Cable+Guard For Blackberry Playbook | eBay
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 11-21-11 at 03:46 PM.
    11-21-11 03:43 PM
    Hey guys I was in best buy the other day and they didnt really have a huge variety of cases for the playbook BUT there was an awesome hip street case they had priced at $99.00 canadian seems like alot but it also comes with a pretty attractive bluetooth keyboard IMO. I tried to attach a pic but not sure if that will work yet heh posting from my playbook now..
    also the hipstreet official site for the US lists it for $119.00 not to sure why its like $20 cheaper at bestbuy but im thinking of heading in tomorrow because there was one marked down to $89 because the box was opened (hint hint) lol going to get them to refund my ishield because since i had it installed theres horrable rainbow lines all up the center of the screen... and the odd perfectly straight up and down rainbow color lines in the screen driving me nuts! anywho if your looking for a stylish case this one is a bit pricey but comes with a really nice looking keyboard as u can hopefully see in the attached pic.
    11-21-11 05:35 PM
    very nice
    11-21-11 05:40 PM
    ALT-F4 - Thats a pretty cool case, but I really would like the Official OEM one that CrackBerry Kevin posted a video of on youtube. Looks like the keyboard is detachable on this case, which is awesome for using when your PB is hooked to a HDTV, cause its got a mouse built into it too.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQU7hrZf82Y[/YT]
    11-21-11 05:46 PM
    hmmm that case does look pretty cool it also looks like it has a little laptop like mouse touch pad ?.. wonder when it will hit shelves... and how much hah hopefully under $100

and just a fyi the hipstreet case I posted about has all the openings for the ports on the bottom aswell the keyboard is fully detachable if you want a slimmer profile and know you wont be needing the keyboard. and no I dont work for hipstreet hahaha

lol just re read your post saying it does have a built in mouse hah that could be worth the wait indeed.. I think im to impatient though. not happy with the ishield and want a little more protection for this thing before i shatter it hah
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 11-21-11 at 06:18 PM. Reason: error!
    11-21-11 06:10 PM
    I just want that keyboard and touch mouse combo badly! So I can hook the PB up to my HDTV, Lay the PB next to the TV as I sit comfortably on my couch and have full control of my PB.
    11-21-11 06:50 PM
    The keyboard and case has been selling on ebay for a while for 49.00 $. Wife got me one for xmas cant wait. till them i recommend the otter box. She is a lil bulky but does protect it pretty good.
    11-21-11 07:00 PM
    Acase.

11-21-11 07:04 PM
    thanks ppl. Brookstone is awesome.

i use the OEM BB convertible case. Love using it as a stand.

keyboard looks kool.
    11-21-11 07:36 PM
    the otter box is deff a good option i wanted to get one but they were i think $60 or maybe $80? I couldent do it hah also does the otter box have a screen protector on it ? cant really tell in your pics.
    11-21-11 07:55 PM
    i was in Chicago last week and picked up the OEM convertible case at a Staples on sale for $19.99. It provides full access to the outer bezel for swipes and works well as a stand. Not sure if all Staples have this sale, but it may be worth checking if you are in the market for a case.
    11-21-11 10:33 PM
    I find I much prefer the:

Brookstone Clip Case

aka

Acase

aka

Icon Black Leather Clip Case

Clip Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet at Brookstone

Even better that it's only $29.99, usually with free shipping and you can usually find 25% off coupons for Brookstone too.
    11-21-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD