View Poll Results: How often do you swear at your PB?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a month

9 7.50%
  • Once a week

14 11.67%
  • Once a day

13 10.83%
  • Multiple times a day

13 10.83%
  • Never.

71 59.17%
    I have noticed a troubling pattern of getting increadably angry at my playbook for not doing what I want, usually while using the browser. No, this not a troll post I just don't have much to do right now so I thought I'd make this thread. Today I noticed myself thinking obscenities when the my PB refused to scroll down on a page, when the loading bar got stuck, and when the browser froze and failed to do anything. That makes 3 for me. I'm not a foul mouthed person, but sometimes the PB is so aggravating...
    02-15-12 08:34 PM
    You are on CrackBerry. Shouldn't the question be "How often do you swear BY your Playbook?"
    02-15-12 08:39 PM
    For me, The swearing starts when I have to wait what seems an incredibly long time when I hit the x to delete an email and am waiting for the confirm box to show up.
    02-15-12 08:40 PM
    Ahh the browser... The curse and the blessing of he PlayBook...
    kennyliu and jordandrews90 like this.
    02-15-12 08:46 PM
    i will not bashingly state why i do but i do swear at my playbook from time to time,but this in comparison to how much i swear at other devices i have,makes this tri-weekly swearing rather minimal
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-15-12 08:47 PM
    I have noticed a troubling pattern of getting increadably angry at my playbook for not doing what I want, usually while using the browser. No, this not a troll post I just don't have much to do right now so I thought I'd make this thread. Today I noticed myself thinking obscenities when the my PB refused to scroll down on a page, when the loading bar got stuck, and when the browser froze and failed to do anything. That makes 3 for me. I'm not a foul mouthed person, but sometimes the PB is so aggravating...
    yep, I agree with you. Just a couple of minutes ago I got angry that the web browser was not working. Every web site I go to got stuck. so I clam down and thought about any electronic device and rebooted the device and now it works.

so far that problem comes here and there. Maybe the new update will fix that.
    02-15-12 08:49 PM
    I guess question would be: what OS version are you on?

For me, I found the browsing experience very frustrating right up to the last Developer Preview, when it suddenly became spectacular.
    02-15-12 08:52 PM
    when ever something doesn't work out i'm kinda swearing already in my mind.
    but i do know that it doesn't hurt my pb. <3
    02-15-12 08:59 PM
    2 words ; Angry Birds .
    02-15-12 09:00 PM
    I'm on the official OS.
    02-15-12 09:00 PM
    It's just a babe.....love it and hug it.......just sing the song in my signature below....all will be well

Or....................................this song...

"Here is a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note
    Don't worry be happy
    In every life we have some trouble
    When you worry you make it double
    Don't worry, be happy.....

Oo, oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
    Don't worry
    Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
    Be happy
    Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
    Don't worry, be happy"

Really belt out some soulful oo's....just giv'er.....
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-15-12 at 09:22 PM.
    malcerie likes this.
    02-15-12 09:04 PM
    Having attained the ripe old age shown on my passport, I have a rule about not swearing at or getting angry at inanimate objects. I just find it is not productive, nor is it in any way a release valve for me. Perhaps it is for you. My attitude is that I'm the only person whose blood pressure goes up. Getting angry and swearing at an inanimate object strikes me as an completely futile and unrewarding course of action, causing more harm to me and those around me than to the object and certainly not causing the performance of the object to improve.

I'll just add that swearing and getting angry with people and animals is also rarely productive and almost never accomplishes anything positive.

I have noticed a lot of scenes in tv shows and movies of people slamming down phones, throwing answering machines at walls, screaming at computer screens... maybe it is a trend that is catching on with certain types of people. The vote count as I post this is 18... I'm quite surprised to see only 5 of the 18 are in the "never" category.

For the other 13, I propose a dose of calmness and chillness. Find another outlet for your anger... such as handball, weightlighting, wrestling. racquetball, tennis, swimming, skiing, hitting a punching bag...
    02-15-12 09:09 PM
    Never. Love, love, love my playbook.
    It's a thing of beauty.
    02-15-12 09:43 PM
    I've only had my Playbook for a week, so no swearing yet. With my Droid 2 on the other hand...
    02-15-12 09:53 PM
    I'm too tempted to not say this, "Never say Never"
    elibohnert likes this.
    02-15-12 09:55 PM
    Not anywhere close to how often I curse at other devices/equipment in my life. It would take several paragraphs to describe the quirks in my Sirius S50, just as one example.
    02-15-12 10:02 PM
    I alway swear at technology. I work in IT, it's a job requirement.

"Whadaya mean contact the system administrator, damnit, I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR!!!"
    02-15-12 10:10 PM
    I don't think I've ever sworn at my PB, but I did at the gas-pump the other day...because it kept shutting off after 2seconds....worse than my pb's wifi
    jafobabe and DAnklaud like this.
    02-15-12 10:11 PM
    I never swear at my PB, but, from time to time, my wife swears at me for spending too much time with my PB.
    02-15-12 10:21 PM
    I have to admit I did but it was a long time ago.

I think it had to do with the Browser not responding that I had to reset it which I hate because it take a while.
    02-15-12 10:25 PM
    Ask my 14 smashed PS3 controllers if violence and technology works. I used to smash a PS3 controller once a month when ever i played an online shooter. No joke. When it comes to my Blackberry devices, if they tick me off i think of the hundreds of dollars i spent on broken PS3 stuff.
    02-15-12 10:26 PM
    Only time is when I swipe up and close an app by mistake. I got my Playbook just before xmas and I love my baby.
    02-15-12 10:42 PM
    I swear at my PB about as often as I swear at myself for doing something dumb.

The fact that the PB is about as reliable as I am, however, says a mouthful. To me, the PB is like the brilliant student of mine who sometimes gets B's, and even the occasional C. Frustrated---yet very proud at the same time. And I have a feeling that next semester's report card will be something to behold.
    farskija likes this.
    02-15-12 11:42 PM
    Thank goodness for all the fans and A/C, etc that create white noise in the server room. That plus my PlayBook streaming Slacker mask my explosion of profanities that would make a sailor blush...
    02-16-12 12:08 AM
    I have not gotten mad at my PB or any other device.... I just chaulk it up to my error.
    Well???? Look at me!.... Blonde, 1/2 of ONE Braincell left, AND I run with scissors???? LOL

I'm lucky I know how to put gas in the car for cryin' out loud.
    02-16-12 12:27 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD