Hey Guys;

So I decided today I'm going to pre-order the PB and I was looking at the sizes/prices trying to figure out which one I want and then I thought of something. Any chance it will be possible to open up the PB and swap in a bigger HDD?

Yes, I know this will void my warranty and I'm not saying I'm actually going to do it, but I'm curious.

Thanks for the speculative answers
    03-23-11 04:05 AM
    Yep, you go first...:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 04:26 AM
    Don't think it would be possible, pretty sure RIM made sure that was not possible but you can try I guess.

03-23-11 05:20 AM
    as far as im aware its solid state memory and no traditional HDD as such, so you wouldnt be able to swap it
    03-23-11 05:53 AM
    Chances are it is a slimline. SSD drive.
    You probably could swap it out if you could find a retail channel selling the drives.

You're talking a drive in and around 5mm thick! Most likely made specifically for embeded systems

03-23-11 07:31 AM
    i wouldnt like to do it with my PB (when its uk released ) but it would be interesting to open one up and see
    03-23-11 07:39 AM
    im sure there will be a teardown within 2-3 days of release to find out what all is inside
    03-23-11 09:04 AM
    Wait for the iFixit teardown. Probably flash.
    03-23-11 11:02 AM
    i was thinking that too actually
    03-23-11 11:59 AM
    Yep, flash, as in chips, mounted right on the circuit board. No reason to waste weight and volume doing anything else...
    03-23-11 12:04 PM
    And that would certainly void your warranty immediately, but I'm sure you know that. I'm not that curious...
    03-23-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD