Hi all,

I have 2 16GB BB playbook's. My wife's wifi connection works way faster than mine does. Since she rarely uses hers, i want to switch the two devices. I want all of her info on mine and all of my info/apps/saved games/etc. moved over to hers. If i do a backup of each and restore each to the opposite device, will this swap everything perfectly? I don't want to lose anything in the swap. Do i need to reload the software?

Thanks.
    06-06-12 10:20 AM
    Do a device switch.
    06-06-12 11:41 AM
    Is that an option in Desktop Manager? How do i switch them both though?
    06-06-12 12:28 PM
    You could transfer all files, photos etc using dukto app. As for the apps you'll have to download it from app world.
    06-06-12 12:33 PM
    Then i would lose all the app data correct? Like progress in games? Def not what I want to do.
    06-06-12 01:50 PM
    I believe you could only do the Switch Device to one device since the other would be overwritten in the process.

BUT, CAUTION: if the wifi on one is faster than the other and it depends on some obscure setting you've overlooked, you might just transfer the "wifi speed" setting on a restoration. In other words, it might not be a physical difference but a setting. But it might be worth the try and hassle. Good luck
    06-06-12 02:20 PM
    Does device switch import all settings and app data? I had a look and i can lose all the settings from the one device, its my main device i'm worried about. And if i use device switch will it automatically clear the old device when moving everything to the new one b/c i want to make sure every app is up and running as it should BEFORE i clear the old one.
    06-07-12 07:12 AM
    I have not really made use of Device Switch but, frankly, I would not count on it doing everything in copying over settings, game/score results, etc. Others may have more familiarity....

Wonder if the speed difference you see is based on the order they were "added" to the router or some other router issues on priority.
    06-07-12 08:42 AM
    Here is what I have tried:

Backup and Restore: Tried 3 times. Took at least an hour each time. Gets to 100% and then says error. Device restarts and some of the info is there, but not all. I gave up on this approach.

Device Switch: Did the switch without media files so the backup/restore file size was a little over half. Still took about an hour but at 100% it said it completed successfully. Problem is that not all apps were transferred.

So is there a way to transfer app data to a new device for a particular app? I have made progress in Now Boarding, Angry Birds Space and Plants vs Zombies and which I don't care to lose. Where are the saved games saved and can they be imported/exported?

THX
    06-07-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD