Just wanna thank RIM for the amazing sms bridge feature on the PlayBook. Right now I can't even find my blackberry phone as I'm very clumsy when it comes to locating my gadgets but as long as it's still connected through bridge I can send and receive texts, also very convenient in meetings where phones are not allowed but tablets are used for the jotting of notes, I'm so excited that I can break this rule by chatting away on my PlayBook and still keep up appearances. Thanks RIM and this is my favorite feature so far. Although I caved in and bought myself a nexus 7 which is an excellent device, I rarely take it with me for important journeys due to the excellence of the blackberry bridge concept. More of this!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-05-12 03:42 PM
    Agree the text from the PB is awesome,and being able to do other things on the PB at the same time is great,thanks Rim
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-05-12 04:37 PM
    yes, this is awesome. nough said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 04:55 PM
    It already helped me when I missed feeling the vibe from an incoming sms, but then noticed the alert on my PB.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-05-12 05:33 PM
    Ditto...love the text on PB....fabulous feature!
    10-05-12 06:04 PM
    Add me to the (long) list of lovers of SMS access via bridge!!
    10-05-12 06:24 PM
    Here Here!!
    10-05-12 06:30 PM
    It's a good feature, and I can see that many of you are enjoying it. For me, most of my conversations are mixed with MMS, so I can't really use it. maybe down the road MMS will be added.
    10-05-12 06:53 PM
    I hope they allow MMS soon as many use it.

The PB is now starting to look like it should of the day it was released over 1.2 years ago.

Tim
    10-05-12 07:04 PM
    I hope they allow MMS soon as many use it.

The PB is now starting to look like it should of the day it was released over 1.2 years ago.

Tim
    true true. The playbook is fast becoming a competitive business device. Hopefully RIM keeps building on its features and then release another version of the hardware, faster processors and less bezel, thinner and lighter nd with bb10. For now the awesome tethering feature is just unbeatable.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-05-12 08:56 PM
    Got to join in here. It's a feature I really enjoy.
    10-05-12 09:48 PM
    Maybe I'd still own a PB if they'd introduced this before now. I'd get another PB, but then it'd mean changing from my LTE network phone - to what? What RIM phone works on the LTE networks?
    10-05-12 10:21 PM
    Maybe I'd still own a PB if they'd introduced this before now. I'd get another PB, but then it'd mean changing from my LTE network phone - to what? What RIM phone works on the LTE networks?
    I don't really see the benefit of LTE on a phone. on a tablet yeah because of the large viewing screen. if you want LTE get the LTE playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-05-12 10:39 PM
    Naturally there are members who just can't be happy about anything - and this is the perfect thread for their discontent.

I say ... so sorry for those who aren't happy ... but I LOVE the SMS over bridge!
    00stryder likes this.
    10-05-12 10:44 PM
    Honestly, it was the very last feature I was waiting for to finally free myself of the tether to my phone. Not that I don't enjoy using my BlackBerry, because I do, but it's great to know that I can now leave it to charge in the other room in peace without having to worry about missing a text message. I think dialing/answering calls through the PlayBook (via Bridge) may be the last frontier that people are waiting for, though at least for now we can still answer calls away from our phones with a bluetooth headset.

But enough about that, SMS over Bridge is awesome! Honestly, from a technological standpoint (cellular vs. data), how on earth did they pull this off?!
    ryder4587 likes this.
    10-05-12 10:59 PM