and yet we sit here with no update..but the are saying that we could have them as early ans a month away..looks like my 699 tablet is worth 1/2 an hp touch.. that you can at least use with android.

Live and Learn..
    esqlaw likes this.
    09-23-11 12:22 PM
    Indian Summer, you hater!
    09-23-11 12:26 PM
    lol.. every time i see some one use the term hater i picture a vile critter sitting in a cave with an awful glare on it staring off into space.
    09-23-11 12:33 PM
    You misunderstood them, they never said that, that's just UNFAIR! At the end of summer they always only intended to slash prices on the device, not deliver the native PIM and e-mail to those that paid full price back in April.
    09-23-11 12:34 PM
    Get over it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, I love my playbook as it is & any updates will come as & when they're ready to be released. I'd rather have an update that has been tested correctly with no faults than have something not tested properly & is then released with errors just to satisfy moaning minnies like yourself

All good things comes to those who wait!
    Snap51 likes this.
    09-23-11 12:35 PM
    You misunderstood them, they never said that, that's just UNFAIR! At the end of summer they always only intended to slash prices on the device, not deliver the native PIM and e-mail to those that paid full price back in April.
    And use the extra savings for postage stamps, there's your native mail
    howarmat and NursingNinja like this.
    09-23-11 12:39 PM
    Let's get the facts straight.

RIM never said "late summer."

RIM said "summer."

Because no one trusts RIM everyone just assumed that "summer" meant the last day of summer.

It turns out that summer really means "some unidentified time after October 18. "
    09-23-11 12:49 PM
    Get over it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, I love my playbook as it is & any updates will come as & when they're ready to be released. I'd rather have an update that has been tested correctly with no faults than have something not tested properly & is then released with errors just to satisfy moaning minnies like yourself

Does RIM send their updates out to developers to test or is it all in house? Just curious. I know Apple releases OS major updates early to developers before it goes gold. 2.0 should solve some of the PB shortcomings but it may be too late

Good things may come to those who wait but also time waits for no one, wait too long and miss out..
    09-23-11 12:50 PM

glad you like it.. be sure to store it with you betamax and your hd dvd....

btw why would minnie be moaning.. unless she is having a crisis
    09-23-11 12:59 PM
    Does RIM send their updates out to developers to test or is it all in house? Just curious. I know Apple releases OS major updates early to developers before it goes gold. 2.0 should solve some of the PB shortcomings but it may be too late

Good things may come to those who wait but also time waits for no one, wait too long and miss out..

it's never too late. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day, it's a marathon not a sprint, You get the chicken by hatching the egg and nuturing, not by smashing it
    09-23-11 01:04 PM
    I'll just quote from the movie The Rock:

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and *bleep* the prom queen.
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    09-23-11 01:09 PM
    glad you like it.. be sure to store it with you betamax and your hd dvd....

btw why would minnie be moaning.. unless she is having a crisis
    That would be you judging by the number of "must have" gadgets you possess and Minnie only moans because she has nowt else better to do.
    09-23-11 01:11 PM
    How about summer in Australia?
    09-23-11 01:12 PM

Then why did you buy a pb? Just saying, auto correct..... spell check...native email...
    09-23-11 01:15 PM
    it's never too late. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day, it's a marathon not a sprint, You get the chicken by hatching the egg and nuturing, not by smashing it
    Apple and Google seem to think differently........
    09-23-11 01:16 PM
    Apple and Google seem to think differently........
    From all the praise Windows 8 is getting. It seems MS has may havewoke up. If they can get a scaled down version of Win8 on a tablet that runs Office and some other applications. If it's not priced out of this world RIM may can kiss the Enterprise tablet base good bye, heck Apple & Google would probably lose some sales from it also.
    Send Again likes this.
    09-23-11 01:25 PM
    That would be you judging by the number of "must have" gadgets you possess and Minnie only moans because she has nowt else better to do.
    so anyone who complains is a person who hath nothing better to do.. and are to be ridiculed?? sad that is.

The playbook is a 1/2 finished device that is 6 months old.. while we should of and did know it was unfinished.. we were informed that this would be brought up to speed over the summer. DID NOT HAPPEN!. What are we supposed to do.. stiff upper lip and all that crap..I hate to be lied to...
    joshua_sx1 and LuisCast like this.
    09-23-11 01:37 PM
    Don't forget, summer begins in the southern hemisphere is a few short months. Maybe we will see an update during that time frame.
    09-23-11 01:41 PM
    I can't tell you how long I've been looking forward to the first day of fall so I could read a half-dozen threads like this.
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-23-11 01:42 PM
    Summer is over and WHERE IS ANGRY BIRDS???
    09-23-11 01:44 PM
    I'm also angry about that. Maybe they are working on a special version that lets us fling PlayBooks at the co-CEOs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    howarmat likes this.
    09-23-11 02:24 PM
    Summer hasn't even started.........in the southern hemisphere.
    09-23-11 02:35 PM
    co-ceos announce certain things late, and deliver them very late.

About angry birds, I think we will never see it natively on the PB. Unfortunately.
    1-so much bad publicity about the death of RIM
    2-it should be here already
    3-SuperMonkeyBall was announced 2-3y ago for the first OpenGl BB phones. Never made it.
    09-23-11 02:38 PM
    Angry birds are flying south for the winter.

Crazy to think not having a particular game installed upon release has probably been a major drag on PB sales.
    09-23-11 02:42 PM
    I'm also angry about that. Maybe they are working on a special version that lets us fling PlayBooks at the co-CEOs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL. That would be an awesome game. ANGRY Playbook OWNERS. Fling Playbooks at corporate pigs that scream "steady cadence" and "end of summer".
    09-23-11 02:46 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD