Wish we had a TuneIn app but we don't, and it doesn't work through either of my browsers (native and Origami). Tried Nobex but it seems to lag, then "hiccups" back to live, then repeats this again. It works, but that's pretty irritating.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:14 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that also, I just went to the site (radio station KGO Radio Newstalk 810 - ABC 7 TV - San Francisco for example) I wanted and played off of that.
    10-14-14 01:20 PM
    Could do that I suppose. I don't listen to a ton of stations anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Allan Jackson likes this.
    10-14-14 01:39 PM
    The trouble is the apps don't get updated, so they start to fail after a while as the internal links break down. It's not going to get any better.

Website probably is your best bet in truth.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:32 PM
    Yes that's exactly the issue.

I have Neutron player and I'm thinking I can maybe add the stations' URLs to Neutron and stream them. Haven't tried it yet though.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:04 PM
    Check this thread out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wanted-955166/

Radio Player built and tested for your PlayBook! Testing is still under way. You can access the player at [www . radiofeeds . co . uk / playbook] from your PlayBook browser.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    10-15-14 02:18 AM
    Try searching for your radio station and add "stream the world".

Here's an example of a station I listen to:

Triton Digital Live Player - CBC_R1_OTT_H

These links work nicely in the stock browser.
    10-15-14 04:50 AM
    Will check those out. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:25 PM
    Check out Nobex as well. The coolest thing about them is if your favourite station isn't available in the app, you can submit a link to it on their website and they will see if they can add it. I've had them actually add two local stations that I couldn't get to come in clear in the house.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:53 AM
    Download the audio player program Neutron. Going into that program's settings you'll find a streaming heading. Open it up. Press the plus sign and hold until the url page comes up, then enter the Internet address of a station you like. It won't accept .pls suffixes but any old .m3u address will work fine. If you get really determined to add a station that only streams via the net as a .pls, find it using iTunes or Foobar and open it up, press and hold and highlight it then copy the address down from the streaming files properties. This address will work in Neutron. It's a fair bit of work, but once done, you never have to do it again. I usually use the Radio Locator website to find prospective stations, or just Google Internet Only stations by genre to find what I want. No separate radio app needed. Neutron IS a paid app though, sad but true, but well worth it.

Good luck, and good hunting!
    10-16-14 07:58 PM
    Thanks, I do have Neutron and love it. I'm looking to get my pc, PB with Neutron, and Denon receiver working well together so I can use the PB to play Internet radio and FLAC files I have stored and have it all pumping out of my stereo. Glad to know Neutron can handle the radio stations as I like it a lot as a music player.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:48 PM
    I use "Radio Player + 2.2" on all my Playbooks and my Z10. If you want a top 40 station that is non stop with no commercials you have to check out "Blazing 100". Awesome!

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    10-19-14 02:41 PM