I agree.
    I would like to add to that though. The ability to sort your uninstalled Apps. They should have "Uninstalled Apps for your device", and then "Other uninstalled Apps" & maybe just for fun...."All Uninstalled Apps"
    Can you, please, clarify what you mean and I add it to the list? Thanks.
    02-07-12 06:04 PM
    How about a free-trial option?
    Thanks but already in the list.
    02-07-12 06:05 PM
    Just thought of something else. Someone suggested an app called text Free when I search for it in App world it search for both the word Text and Free They should have it so if you put "Text Free" it searches for apps that match that string of words, not apps that have one of the words.
    Added to the list
    02-07-12 06:09 PM
    Separate uninstalled apps by device, so when I am on my BB I do not have to scroll through 100s of apps that are not even compatible. Why should I see what PB apps are uninstalled when I am accessing App World via my BB?
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 06:13 PM
    i would love to have master volume control on screen because buttons are not really user friendly with playbook inside the protective case. ideally i would love to have volume control under battery shotcut icon where brightness slider is located
    02-07-12 06:19 PM
    I agree.
    I would like to add to that though. The ability to sort your uninstalled Apps. They should have "Uninstalled Apps for your device", and then "Other uninstalled Apps" & maybe just for fun...."All Uninstalled Apps"
    and

Separate uninstalled apps by device, so when I am on my BB I do not have to scroll through 100s of apps that are not even compatible. Why should I see what PB apps are uninstalled when I am accessing App World via my BB?
    Thanks. Added.
    02-07-12 06:23 PM
    i would love to have master volume control on screen because buttons are not really user friendly with playbook inside the protective case. ideally i would love to have volume control under battery shotcut icon where brightness slider is located
    Thanks. But this is a UI improvement suggestion, not an App World suggestion per se.
    02-07-12 06:25 PM
    they need to make like itunes cards. For the people who cannot get a credit card or visa. Something that you can get at the pharmacy or something that you can redeem when you get on your computer or playbook or even phone. something maybe work 10/15/20/25/50/100$. They would make a lot of money off of that
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 07:03 PM
    1. When viewing Appworld, the paid apps that have been purchased by the user, should be designated as "purchased" instead of displaying the price for the app.

2. Provide 2 tabs on the 'Uninstalled' page, one for Paid apps, and the other for free apps (or just don't bother displaying the uninstalled free apps).
    02-07-12 07:12 PM
    they need to make like itunes cards. For the people who cannot get a credit card or visa. Something that you can get at the pharmacy or something that you can redeem when you get on your computer or playbook or even phone. something maybe work 10/15/20/25/50/100$. They would make a lot of money off of that
    Thank you. Added to the list.
    02-07-12 07:15 PM
    1. When viewing Appworld, the paid apps that have been purchased by the user, should be designated as "purchased" instead of displaying the price for the app.

2. Provide 2 tabs on the 'Uninstalled' page, one for Paid apps, and the other for free apps (or just don't bother displaying the uninstalled free apps).
    I believe we have these on the list already.
    02-07-12 07:17 PM
    Yes.

James
    Being able to bookmark apps for future purchase would be great as I think no other major App Store has this feature.
    02-07-12 07:33 PM
    Being able to bookmark apps for future purchase would be great as I think no other major App Store has this feature.
    Touchpad app market has that.
    02-07-12 07:39 PM
    A "Show More" button at the bottom of every Top List that will enable the user to view a longer list of apps than the default 25 currently shown.

An "Update All" Button that lets you update all the apps that need upgrading without individually having to select them and click the update button.

When viewing updatable apps in My World, instead of showing us the App description when you click on the App, show an "Update Log" that will show what new feature the update brings. (Require devs to fill an update log every time they update their apps)

Be able to Edit a review that was posted in the past. (sometimes by playing with the app a little more you notice flaws/features)

When viewing a First-level Category (ex: Travel) you can still see all the Apps in that category and then you can also refine to the Second-level category (ex: Guides, Planning, Translation)
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 08:01 PM
    appworld should show the how many app in each category and sub-category
    also zoomable screenshots instead this little size .. at least 10 evaluations instead 2 or 3 (when it's possible)

possibility to install or upgrade an app without any screen change (i mean staying on same screen and just a little progression bar)
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 09:14 PM
    A "Show More" button at the bottom of every Top List that will enable the user to view a longer list of apps than the default 25 currently shown...Speaking of which, the ability to change the 25 to 50 or 100 ect.

An "Update All" Button that lets you update all the apps that need upgrading without individually having to select them and click the update button. I have a feeling this will come in handy right after OS 2.0 comes out
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 10:14 PM
    All these suggestions are great!...

The screenshots need to be higher quality and much larger. It bugs me and puts the quality of the app down when the screenshot is zoomed in and blurry. I know the developers just write it in but I would like a spot where they say what the current version is and changes done (more noticible).

I know this is kind of different and some might not like it but in the app store to me apple has too much control over the apps they pick for previewing. I dunno how exactly they could do it but get the community involved by having a Peoples Choice section. Maybe have a vote button and we could only pick 1 app per day as our favorite app and then the people's choice section could show favorite app for the day,week,and month. Something like that. Would be nice to get us involved! I realize the problem being angry birds might get picked everytime but they could be creative and do different sections that you can vote on each week.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 10:32 PM
    A "Show More" button at the bottom of every Top List that will enable the user to view a longer list of apps than the default 25 currently shown.

An "Update All" Button that lets you update all the apps that need upgrading without individually having to select them and click the update button.

When viewing updatable apps in My World, instead of showing us the App description when you click on the App, show an "Update Log" that will show what new feature the update brings. (Require devs to fill an update log every time they update their apps)

Be able to Edit a review that was posted in the past. (sometimes by playing with the app a little more you notice flaws/features)

When viewing a First-level Category (ex: Travel) you can still see all the Apps in that category and then you can also refine to the Second-level category (ex: Guides, Planning, Translation)
    Thanks. Added.

P.S. Is there a limit on the number of Thanks one can give a day. The Thanks button has disappeared for some reason
    02-07-12 11:10 PM
    1 - "Price Watch" feature. If a user believes an app is too expensive to purchase, the user should be able to add that app to a Price Watch list. The user will then be notified if the cost of that app drops in general or possibly to a user specified amount. App World should automatically and anonymously share this information with the app developer so they can see how many people would purchase their app if the price were lower. This could help the developer determine if they've overpriced their app, or at the very least let the developer know if they should offer a temporary sale price.

2 - "Wish List" feature (May be similar to "Ability to bookmark apps") If a user sees an app they might like to buy but can't do so at the moment, they should have the ability to add it to their Wish List where it can be easily located at a later time. The user should also be able to share this Wish List with other users via App World or BBM and allow the recipient to purchase apps for the sender.

3 - App preview images should be zoomable to full-screen so the user can see the true quality of graphics. (Already mentioned above, but preview videos or "app-trailers" should be present)

4 - Larger font for app reviews.

5 - SPEED UP App World!! It loads painfully slow on the PlayBook.
    02-07-12 11:12 PM
    1 - "Price Watch" feature. If a user believes an app is too expensive to purchase, the user should be able to add that app to a Price Watch list. The user will then be notified if the cost of that app drops in general or possibly to a user specified amount. App World should automatically and anonymously share this information with the app developer so they can see how many people would purchase their app if the price were lower. This could help the developer determine if they've overpriced their app, or at the very least let the developer know if they should offer a temporary sale price.
    This is such a good idea! We need something like this!
    02-07-12 11:22 PM
    OK, we have some great suggestions here. I will wait for a few more days and then try to make this list of suggestions more presentable by categorizing it into, for instance,

- App Installation
    - Top Lists
    - App Updates
    - Search
    etc.

Now, is there any way to relay this requests to RIM? I remember Mr. Heins mentioned that he needs our feedback, but I guess I missed how we are supposed to get the feedback to them.
    02-07-12 11:22 PM
    If I cannot access App World using Bridge, it'd be nice to do so using the tether function. It is frustrating that it functions using only wi-fi.
    Last edited by NightFire; 02-07-12 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 11:23 PM
    Get rid of the famous clock
    02-07-12 11:26 PM
    OK, we have some great suggestions here. I will wait for a few more days and then try to make this list of suggestions more presentable by categorizing it into, for instance,

- App Installation
    - Top Lists
    - App Updates
    - Search
    etc.

Now, is there any way to relay this requests to RIM? I remember Mr. Heins mentioned that he needs our feedback, but I guess I missed how we are supposed to get the feedback to them.
    Send Alec Saunders a Tweet. He'll point you in the right direction.

@asaunders
    02-07-12 11:26 PM

2 - "Wish List" feature (May be similar to "Ability to bookmark apps") If a user sees an app they might like to buy but can't do so at the moment, they should have the ability to add it to their Wish List where it can be easily located at a later time. The user should also be able to share this Wish List with other users via App World or BBM and allow the recipient to purchase apps for the sender.

3 - App preview images should be zoomable to full-screen so the user can see the true quality of graphics. (Already mentioned above, but preview videos or "app-trailers" should be present)

4 - Larger font for app reviews.

5 - SPEED UP App World!! It loads painfully slow on the PlayBook.
    Thanks. Added.

Now my Like button is gone, too. Sorry, but I can't express my appreciation through Likes and Thanks
    02-07-12 11:29 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD