Where is the story about amazon selling stolen merchandise? Are they in trouble? Their supplier?
    Amazon is not the direct supplier. These items have been sent to them by a vendor and Amazon just completes and ships the orders.

Needless to say, I have learned my lesson the hard way and I will be buying from RIM directly.
    Last edited by bmartz77; 03-17-12 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Missed a word
    03-17-12 09:30 AM
    Amazon is not the direct supplier. These items have been sent to them by a vendor and Amazon just completes and ships the orders.

Needless to say, I have learned my lesson the hard way and I will be buying from RIM directly.
    Yes I know but if I unknowingly buy stolen merchandise I can still be arrested.
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    03-17-12 09:43 AM
    Wow... Sorry about that. But instead, but them directly from BlackBerry or a brick and mortar store. I say return it, then buy it from BlackBerry. Oh well... Stuff like that happens to all of us. Hope it all works out.
    03-17-12 10:23 AM
    The stolen goods issue aside, my PB came with instructions that said make sure you are in a wifi connected location and plug the PB in....

Sorry, but how is it the customer service person's fault that they didn't immediately recognise a stolen unit...give them a break!
    djenkins6 likes this.
    03-17-12 10:54 AM
    I'm sorry for your troubles bmartz77 but take heart that your story highlights 3 valuable lessons for others:

1. The PB can really be rendered useless if it's stolen or lost.
    2. A great resource for help is crackberry.com
    3. Purchasing a BB product directly from RIM is not only competitive in pricing, but the unit you buy is from a trusted source.

BTW I purchased 3 PBs from RIM all with zero issues...

Good luck, keep us posted.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 03-17-12 at 11:13 AM.
    03-17-12 11:10 AM
    Supposedly, Office Depot had them on sale but I don't know if it is still running. I got my 64gig from them about a month ago.
    03-17-12 12:01 PM
    I was on the phone with BB all day today and they told me the same thing... i sent them pictures ETC.... anyway they told me they would unlock it then they sent me an email that said sorry but you must try to get a refund from where ever you bought it from... WTF???? so i got a real nice paper weight to hold down the cash i make off of using/selling real electronic equipment (cough) iPhone's (ends cough)

i cant believe this ****... the one time i venture into the wild and buy something other than apple and this is what i get... and i bought it from amazon too... WOW whats next... is eBay gunna start selling crack and loaded pistols??? man this some bull**** cuz i dont keep reciepts and my baby momma gunna be mad when she finds out that her Christmas present is too HOT to touch... only my luck... someone come up with a way to inject ICS on this thing and lets call it a day... i can see why blackberry is an acquired taste... but if i cant get make some progress with this PB soon i swear im'a go LOOOOOOOOCCCCCOOOOOO!!!!! don't tell me to provide you with all these pictures and info and tell me... im sorry PROMISE me you're going to unlock my device and then send me an email saying sorry... we can't... a$$holes...
    01-11-13 01:23 AM
    From other point-of-view, at least we know now that we can disable our PlayBook once it is stolen... just make me only curious of how this stolen PB reporting goes... I mean, RIM should have a very good verification process otherwise if you just purchased a secondhand PB, the previous owner can make your life miserable... or in the case of improper verification, anyone can block and disable someone's PB by just knowing the PB's PIN...

Anyway, I'm with the OP... it is really sucks to experience that kind of dilemma... I hope it will be resolved in the end...
    01-11-13 01:53 AM
    You did not buy from Amazon. Amazon facilitated the transaction between you and a third party. Big difference. Anything that requires activation/network access, only get from a trusted source.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-11-13 10:14 AM
    Holy necropost, batman.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-11-13 10:44 AM
    my baby momma gunna be mad when she finds out that her Christmas present is too HOT to touch.
    How mad will she be when she finds out Christmas was weeks ago.
    Angus_CB and untakenusername like this.
    01-11-13 11:14 AM
    I was on the phone with BB all day today and they told me the same thing... i sent them pictures ETC.... anyway they told me they would unlock it then they sent me an email that said sorry but you must try to get a refund from where ever you bought it from... WTF???? so i got a real nice paper weight to hold down the cash i make off of using/selling real electronic equipment (cough) iPhone's (ends cough)

i cant believe this ****... the one time i venture into the wild and buy something other than apple and this is what i get... and i bought it from amazon too... WOW whats next... is eBay gunna start selling crack and loaded pistols??? man this some bull**** cuz i dont keep reciepts and my baby momma gunna be mad when she finds out that her Christmas present is too HOT to touch... only my luck... someone come up with a way to inject ICS on this thing and lets call it a day... i can see why blackberry is an acquired taste... but if i cant get make some progress with this PB soon i swear im'a go LOOOOOOOOCCCCCOOOOOO!!!!! don't tell me to provide you with all these pictures and info and tell me... im sorry PROMISE me you're going to unlock my device and then send me an email saying sorry... we can't... a$$holes...
    Wtf? How is this BB's fault in any way? Looks like the fault lies on amazon for dealing with other shady people....slamming BB for being uncooperative with stolen stuff is just plain ******** also its smart and safe bet for BB, and makes me feel that much better that no ash@le can use and enjoy my stolen PB!! It sucks what happened to ya but it's not BB fault for that. I hope that you can work this out and you baby mama gets to enjoy her PB one of these days
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-11-13 11:43 AM
    RIM employees can't even tell you what an error code from THEIR OWN FREAKIN' EQUIPMENT means without escalation.
    ________

I have to agree with you in some respects, because I had difficulty getting PB going after fully charging it. RIM needs to do a better job in Customer Support.
    01-11-13 11:04 PM
    To all the guys who says Amazon aren't at fault here are wrong.......If you buy something from Amazon/other retailer then you have entered into a "contract" therefore the retailer has to make whatever is wrong right.
    Banco likes this.
    01-13-13 04:24 AM
    Buyers beware. Amazon.com is no different from Ebay, You mostly deal with third party vendors. How else do you get things so cheap from this sites. I purchase a lot of items from both and mostly low cost accessories for my devices. If they fail to meet the standard, it's money wasted. Though tablets like Playbook are cheap these days, it's still a couple of hundred dollars and a much more complex electronic to be purchase via these sites. No different from buying a cell phone or lap top. Always go with established retailers or directly from manufacturers.
    01-13-13 06:53 AM
    I've bought 3 from PC World and all have been perfect.

Actually, my initial purchase I had a similar problem on day 1. The Playbook would download the 2.0 update then error when installing it. After a massive amount of trial and error I discovered that there was in fact a firmware update glitch in all Virgin Media hubs which was resulting in bad packets of downloaded data (on all my devices, not just Playbook) that caused the update to fail because the file was being corrupted.

In the end I had to set my Virgin Media 'hub' (by 'hub' read 'awful modem/router') to 'modem only'. My AEBS acts as wireless router. After that the update ran without a hitch and it worked perfectly.
    01-13-13 09:28 AM
    ...also, only my personal opinion but purchasing any items like that from Amazon Marketplace seems a bad idea...

There are a lot of dishonest people around. Most trade there, and Amazon as a company do very little to prevent it.
    01-13-13 09:34 AM
    How mad will she be when she finds out Christmas was weeks ago.

01-13-13 09:55 AM
    Okay if you have paid your hard earned money for a Blackberry play and have got the error code 132353 after security wiping it or etc and have not been able to to register it call Blackberry Rim support and they gave you the run around and flat out refused to help we all must file a complaint with the Attorney generals office if you don't think you should read the blog's on how Blackberry has treated everyone with issue with the playbooks there is something we can do about it we paid money for these things at least they can help up with there product. its free to file the complaint and who knows maybe a lawsuit will follow to get the to respect the consumers who buy there products think for filing a complaint below

File a Complaint
    05-06-14 05:34 AM
    I would also file a complaint with whatever company made your keyboard.
    Apparently the period and Shift keys are missing...
    05-08-14 05:52 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD