UGH!!!!!!!! I went and got a new playbook, and AGAIN, THIS TIME WORSE..stuck pixels everywhere, I don't understand how this is even remotely acceptable, I give up, and I'm gonna suffer from here on out with them. -_-
    Don't give up. There are non-defective playbooks out there. Keep trying. My first two were defective and I've seen people reporting they had multiple defective in a row. At the same time, there are many people who got a perfect one (or even a few) right away.

I know this kind of experience may be frustrating, but it's worth to give it another try or two.
    Princepia likes this.
    03-01-12 10:09 PM
    This could be a oppurtunity to get a free charging dock or whatever from RIM along with a pristine playbook. Blessing in disguise maybe.
    03-01-12 10:12 PM
    I called RIM, and decided to go with them instead. The rep was super nice, I had to do the re-install of the OS or whatever, even though I know it won't fix it, and if it doesn't she will give me an RMA, I'm just waiting for the lovely Dana to call back! I WON'T GIVE UP! Hahaha...I just want my perfect Playbook Bah humbug. Thanks for all your advice guys!!! I've heard of the Advanced RMA, how do I get that? Or if I go with a regular, how long will I be Playbookless?
    03-01-12 10:38 PM
    Someone in the same situation actually got rim to throw in a charging dock and something else that I don't remember but anyway with all the problems your having, you might be able to be compensated as well although it would take some b!tching and moaning.
    03-01-12 10:54 PM
    I'm on hold now with RIM, and AM FIGHTING for the RMA, they aren't just giving it to me, and I'm pretty pissed, any pointers guys? They even had me download Screen helper app to try the fixing thing on that..REALLY GUYS? REALLY? -_-
    nfcowboy likes this.
    03-01-12 11:24 PM
    Yes don't take no for an answer and ask to speak with someone else if you have too. Remind them they are trying to build back the confidence of the consumer. Your a consumer and you want the quality that you paid for.
    03-01-12 11:28 PM
    I'm on hold now with RIM, and AM FIGHTING for the RMA, they aren't just giving it to me, and I'm pretty pissed, any pointers guys? They even had me download Screen helper app to try the fixing thing on that..REALLY GUYS? REALLY? -_-
    I believe it's always easier to return to the store (I know it may be embarrassing after the second or third round). I would view RMA as a measure of last resort.

So can you return to the store and order somewhere else before the prices change?
    03-01-12 11:31 PM
    Did you tell them that you were reporting back to the Crackberry forum's about how your go with customer service is.
    03-01-12 11:46 PM
    I will be, STILL on the phone, 6th time on hold. They keep insisting I take pictures, I've taken like 15, you CAN'T SEE A PIXEL with a freaking camera phone, I don't have a 500mp camera to catch these pixels in stunning HD..geeez.
    03-01-12 11:54 PM
    I will be, STILL on the phone, 6th time on hold. They keep insisting I take pictures, I've taken like 15, you CAN'T SEE A PIXEL with a freaking camera phone, I don't have a 500mp camera to catch these pixels in stunning HD..geeez.
    That's their SOP. They want to make sure you in fact have the problem before spending all that money on overnight shipping (both ways). Try taking a picture in a room with dimmed ambient lighting. Then open the image in an editor and add arrows where the defective pixels are. This should do for them.
    03-01-12 11:59 PM
    Kenny I appreciate your advice regarding bringing it back to Staples, if this doesn't work, I will, I feel too far in to quit now. I tried lights off, different lighting angles, nothing, I'm now being directed to the RMA people. They said they zoomed in on the picture and saw two dead pixels, and I qualify. Then I got transferred to RMA. They said they'd do Advanced exchange...BUT my credit limit is $500(I don't believe in credit card debt, so keep it low, haha) since they list the price as $499 plus tax, it wouldn't authorize, annnnd I lost that option. So now I'm getting the regular, it's same unit repair. I stressed I DO NOT want to get the same screen back and that'll be very angry if I do. He said he'd make sure they triple checked and go out of the way for me to be happy, and then told me a story about his HP monitor with stuck pixels that he had troubles with, I found this assuring. I asked, if they can't fix it, if they'd send a new unit, he said yes. This one is a day old, he said anything under 30 days will not receive a refurbished units, guaranteed. Sooooo that's my story, damn I never thought I'd be going through this.. but besides the waiting on the phone and few hoops, everyone has been super nice. If I get back one with more ugly pixels...I'll be making sure I get that free charging dock it and other goodies I can guilt them into, haha.
    03-02-12 12:49 AM
    I wish you luck. I hope it will work for you this time 'round and you'll get your PB back with everything fixed.
    Princepia likes this.
    03-02-12 01:01 AM
    yeah man that sucks! I have 1 stuck pixel and it bugs me so I can't imagine the milky way :s.. hope its back in your hands quickly!
    Princepia likes this.
    03-02-12 01:08 AM
    Just an update on the RMA process incase anyone cares:

Friday I got the RMA, Monday I got the box, sent it back with the gracious Fed-Ex man who delivered it. They received it today at 10am! Which I'm SUPER hoping I get it back tomorrow maybe???

Service is quick! Now let's just hope they fix mah screen.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-06-12 12:56 PM
    I just received my playbook about two weeks ago from the states after a 2 month wait.(They are very expensive in South Africa)

After a week of using it, it has now developed two stuck pixels. I know it is petty, but they are very irritating.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of RIM customer support in South Africa as they don't have any contact details on their website and are not responding to any of my facebook posts...

I love the device, I just want it to function the way it is supposed to...

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
    03-25-12 05:52 AM
    All I've got is the following which includes a French contact:

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

Apparently, the email address is useless for initiating problem reports.
    03-25-12 09:01 AM
    *angels trumpeting*

I doubt anyone is paying attention or following this thread anymore.

BUT AFTER THREE PLAYBOOKS!

Including RIM HQ having to specially authorize a NEW Playbook for me, after they pried the crap out of mine on the same unit repair, getting a free rapid charger in the process!

I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL, FLAWLESS SCREEN.

A BEAUTIFUL, FLAWLESS PLAYBOOK!

Everyone during the whole ordeal was AMAZING, and though I had to be a bit "forceful" (very polite but forceful), they were all extremely empathetic, as much as relating their own experience with other products with pixel problems.

They suck at calling you back, so if they ask to call you back, grill them a little whether they actually will or not. (Out of the four or so times they asked to call me back, once they actually did.)

I feel I am an expert of RIM's RMA process right now..*looks at the stack of RMA boxes/kits they've sent from cancelled RMA's, ect. ect.*

If anyone has ANY questions about the process, let me know. I asked a lot of questions during it all, and in the end, minus all the bureaucratic stuff, I got the product I paid for.

Thanks for all the CB family urging me to keep going when I just wanted to settle!

I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-26-12 04:02 PM
    Congrats !

It can take a loong timeline of forceful, but polite persistence getting the proper (correct) response from most corporations these days !

Oh can ya post the 'winning photo' of the offensive pixels that finally got them slowly coming round to a definite manufacturers defect ? One of us might require a sample to compare in the future . . . .
    Princepia likes this.
    03-26-12 04:18 PM
    AHHHhhh, well, this is an interesting question you pose!

They want you to take pictures when you call. Honestly? I had ALMOST a milky way galaxy on the top of my PB, BUT, I don't have any super amazing camera that can pick these up. I honestly think it's ridiculous they ask for pictures. The only camera available to me was an 5.0mp camera on my LG. It takes beautiful pictures(better than the PBs>.<) but what it doesn't do, is capture pixels. I tried in the dark, I adjusted brightness settings, I tried EVERYTHING and took and sent probably 15 pictures. On one of them, they eventually saw "two dead pixels"(These were very likely dust spots I caught, not pixels.) So...ya. No pictures:/

But it looked like a milky way of blue, red, green dots. It looked almost glitchy. When I got my first PB, I noticed this "glitchiness" at the top of my browser, or when I started up youtube videos(the black background emphasized them), I dismissed it as it just working hard and such, because as soon as the black background went away so did they.

But one night when a youtube video was slow to load, and I was plugged in(at full brightness) I noticed something terribly wrong.

Now, one or two pixels, meh, it happens, life isn't perfect, and I can deal with that, but a galaxy on your beautiful touch screen device, NO WAY.

If you want to check yours..now, I'm saying IF. Because if you do check, and you've been fine with your PB for months, and suddenly notice some, you will never be able to UNSEE what you've seen and will be forever distracted by them.

Get the "Display test" app for free on Appworld. Cycle to the black screen. CRANK up your brightness and turn off auto-dimming, make your PB as bright as it can go. Go into a dark-ish room and inspect.

But again, I warn you, you cannot unsee those pixels, so check at your own discretion.:P
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-26-12 04:45 PM
    But again, I warn you, you cannot unsee those pixels, so check at your own discretion.:P
    Yes, if you are not seeing the dead pixels in your normal use, don't look for one. Otherwise, you'll probably get fixated on it.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss
    Princepia likes this.
    03-26-12 05:01 PM
    Yup. I had my share of PlayBook exchanges when I bought the 32GB in late September. Bought it from Staples.com and exchanged it 6x's. The issues were due to one of these three (1) the really bright borders (bleed), (2) I got several with dead pixels/ excessive bleed and the retracted power button and (3) a few with major dust under the screen and dead pixels. Luckily for me since I bought it from Staples.com their local courier came to my home the next business day each time to personally exchange the PlayBook. He got tired of seeing my face but at that time a 32GB was going for $399, I was not going to stick with a device that I deemed defective for that price.
    Last edited by Abrante; 03-26-12 at 06:31 PM.
    03-26-12 06:29 PM
    "...was not going to stick with a device that I deemed defective for that price..."

I don't get stuck with any defective product whether it is $5 or $400 !
    03-26-12 06:52 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD