I just wanted to share my experience with the PB and that of a few others (http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/re...usly-o-607025/)

Mine worked fine for a while, but after a couple of reboots it just hung on the glowing balls screen forever. Was very sad to think I'd have to ship it back, but upgraded my desktop manager (to Bell Canada's latest), and plugged in my still hung (and powered on) PB to my PC. It eventually found it and downloaded the "bricked" OS fix version 1.01.1705, and now all is good in PB land, including Bridge which wasn't working before on my Bold 9700 (running OS6 .448, not an official Bell release so maybe that was it as well).

The other issue was my battery originally said 75% full, but after re-installing and being plugged in for over an hour it said 30%, so I think a lot of problems are caused by low battery that is being reported wrong until an OS refresh.

So if you're hung up on the glowing balls, try to force an update via DM, and make sure it's plugged in for along time to charge (I believe Kevin had a similar issue with a pre-release PB that solved itself after charging for a long time).
    04-20-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD