So i've searched and searched, and didn't find this issue elsewhere, so my apologies if I missed a thread with an answer.

When I open up app world, its shows a list of my installed apps.. and i'm stuck in that screen. swiping from the top down i get access to a settings menu and a help menu, both of which don't lead me anywhere. I've done various resets and app world always reopen showing the installed apps, and never allowing me to go search for new apps.

Any ideas on how to get out of that screen? I just did a back up last night, so if all else fails, i'll just do a wipe and restore which I would imagine would fix it.

Thanks in advance!
    09-04-13 11:59 AM
    Do you see the REFRESH option near the top left? Give that a try although I don't expect much. I've not read of anybody getting "stuck" in that one mode.

Have you tried all of the following restart methods?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    09-04-13 12:16 PM
    Maybe try clicking this link in the Playbook's browser and see where you're taken to. If it takes you to the right place, click on the back button in app world and see what happens. BlackBerry World - Filement
    09-04-13 12:29 PM
    Do you see the REFRESH option near the top left? Give that a try although I don't expect much. I've not read of anybody getting "stuck" in that one mode.

Have you tried all of the following restart methods?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    I should have said I tried the refresh, it didn't work, it refreshes the installed app list.

I have done the reboot method & tried the "Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts." part.. but not following a restart using the battery icon... so i'll try that when I get home for work today. Thank you!

If that doesn't work I think i'll do a wipe and restore, doesn't seem difficult at all.
    09-04-13 12:33 PM
    Maybe try clicking this link in the Playbook's browser and see where you're taken to. If it takes you to the right place, click on the back button in app world and see what happens. BlackBerry World - Filement
    I will try this tonight as well. Although I don't have high hopes for it working, I came across the issue when I read in the forums about the better browser, followed a link to appword to download it, and appworld opened showing the installed apps.
    09-04-13 12:39 PM
    Even if you have the most recent OS, open Options and use the Software Update option and check.

Also before wiping, go to the BBID website on computer and refresh or check all of your info.
    FCSC likes this.
    09-04-13 03:18 PM
    Even if you have the most recent OS, open Options and use the Software Update option and check.

Also before wiping, go to the BBID website on computer and refresh or check all of your info.
    I will try those as well, and thanks for the tip about the BBID.

about to get out of work now, i'll let you guys know how it goes tonight, the help is greatly appreciated!

edit:
    checking for a software update worked! I can't thank you enough!
    Last edited by FCSC; 09-04-13 at 08:14 PM.
    09-04-13 04:11 PM