Hello,

My parents have a Blackberry Playbook and a few years ago I put all their music and have kept it updated for them with any new music they buy. Works great as it sits on the kitchen counter using the playbook speaker only.

But they want to now stream the music from their playbook to wireless speakers.

Could this community recommend a solution for me to suggest to them on how they can stream music from their playbook wirelessly to two or more speakers in their living room? I know there is bluetooth but I'm looking for something a little more complicated maybe whereby they can stream music to more than one speaker and control it all from their playbook (maybe like Sonus which I'm not sure will work on the playbook).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-09-14 11:11 PM
    I am also interested. Thank You
    02-10-14 12:21 AM
    Why make it more complicated? as the Playbook has bluetooth connectivity why not use it. I have mine linked to a bluetooth receiver connected to my AV receiver works perfectly, and not complicated. I can either play music stored on the Playbook or streamed from external HDD through Kalemsoft Media Player.
    velkod likes this.
    02-10-14 01:51 AM
    Why make it more complicated? as the Playbook has bluetooth connectivity why not use it. I have mine linked to a bluetooth receiver connected to my AV receiver works perfectly, and not complicated. I can either play music stored on the Playbook or streamed from external HDD through Kalemsoft Media Player.
    +1 on this. I have the original BBRY bluetooth audio connector thing and it's works flawlessly - the only problem with the original version is you can't control the volume from the playbook - but I think you can on the second version.

I've been pumping country music from a staion in grand rapids in michigan through my stereo all weekend, cos it takes my mind off all the rain were having here in the UK. - Only down side to this is now I got the urge to buy me a pickup, a dog, and a wife so they can all leave me
    02-10-14 04:41 AM
    Hello and thank you for the replies.

I'm all for not making things complicated, but to control more than one speaker and control the volume from the playbook I assumed things had to be more complicated.

I'll look into a bluetooth audio receiver then. Would this type of receiver allow me to play music stored on the playbook and allow me to adjust the volume and control the speakers from the playbook?

Also, what is the name of the "BBRY bluetooth audio connector thing"? Sounds like this might be something to look into as well.

Thanks.
    02-10-14 07:57 AM
    02-10-14 08:18 AM
    A good quality bluetooth speaker is a better option in my opinion. Portable and great for the outdoors come summer time.
    02-10-14 11:44 AM