Hi guys, yet another question from me :-)

I really wanna try to get as much use out of my playbook so I want to know if there is any way to stream music from my windows 8.1 pc (using windows media player) to my playbook?

Also I didn't quite know where to post this as I don't know if there is an app for it
    08-08-14 06:35 AM
    You could always try getting Plex on your playbook! This is the free solution.

That or just set up a DLNA media server as instructed here Windows 8 DLNA Media Server | How to set up Windows Media Player followed by buying the app Kalemsoft Media player.
    93Aero likes this.
    08-08-14 06:48 AM
    I'm not sure the use you want. Are you trying to push music from Windows to play on your playbook (so, use Windows as the remote control and Playbook as the speaker essentially)? Or are you trying to use the playbook and play music files which are located on your windows laptop?

I don't think the first is possible, but the second one is with software like Kalemsoft and using the DLNA server as shown in the above post.
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-08-14 07:46 AM
    I don't think the first is possible, but the second one is with software like Kalemsoft and using the DLNA server as shown in the above post.
    The first is possible using Splashtop (a paid app in app world). The second is possible without needing a dedicated server running on your PC using one of the android file managers- Ghost Commander (free in app world), ES File Explorer (sideloaded) or X-Plore File Manger (sideloaded). For this purpose, ES File Explorer is probably the best solution in that it will allow you to create playlists of music located on your PC and/or to queue up tunes from your PC. ES playlists and/or queues can also include tunes stored locally or in the cloud.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-08-14 10:46 AM
    Ok thanks for the quick reply guys :-)

I was hoping for a free application tbh but beggars can't be choosers I guess

What I wanted was an app that allows me to play music stored on my pc from my playbook similar to the way windows media player streams to other devices with windows media player

I shall try sideloading ES tomorrow and get back to you
    08-08-14 12:19 PM