Hello Folks:

I am trying play mp3's that are stored on Mybook Live network hard drive. I can see the device using Ghost Commander. I purchased Neutron to play the files. The PB does not want to see the networked drive through Neutron.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
    10-20-12 07:13 PM
    Experiment : Mount your network drive on your desktop/laptop and use a music streaming app to play it on the PlayBook.
    10-20-12 07:22 PM
    I uploaded all my mp3s to my Box account. I can listen to it anywhere and anytime using the stock browser or any other apps that can access my Box account. If u create a box account using ur playbook, u will get free 50GB of storage space.
    10-20-12 07:46 PM
    If you can see the drive with Ghost, and if you can see the files on it, you should be able to stream your music through Ghost. But, you'll need an android music player installed to do so, like Winamp, because Ghost doesn't have an internal player to stream music. Another possibility is X-Plore file manager, which can see networked drives and has an internal player. Same for ES file explorer.
    10-20-12 08:09 PM
    I have a NAS unit at home.. I mount the partition on it on my basement computer as a network drive.. then i use an app called Music Up (Music Up for BlackBerry� PlayBook?). It scans the folder you point it to scan and then you can stream the music from your PlayBook over wifi using the client app you install on the PB from app world.

if you add album artwork to the bands folders, it'll also show those while streaming the music.

Hope that helps.
    10-20-12 08:19 PM
    I have a NAS unit at home.. I mount the partition on it on my basement computer as a network drive.. then i use an app called Music Up (Music Up for BlackBerry� PlayBook?). It scans the folder you point it to scan and then you can stream the music from your PlayBook over wifi using the client app you install on the PB from app world.

if you add album artwork to the bands folders, it'll also show those while streaming the music.

Hope that helps.
    There you go, just what I was suggesting. =)

There is also SonicAir, which also loads album art.
    10-20-12 08:33 PM
    If you'd like take a look at TopAudioPlayer www.topaudioplayer.com works great with my WD MyBook Live.
    01-27-13 12:34 PM
    You can also access the built in Twonky Media Server by typing in the IP address of the MyBookLive and using port 9000. (ex. http://192.168.1.200:9000)
    crackberryjill likes this.
    01-27-13 01:18 PM
    You can also access the built in Twonky Media Server by typing in the IP address of the MyBookLive and using port 9000. (ex. http://192.168.1.200:9000)
    Perfect timing! Just got my MyBookLive and your suggestion worked fab! Thanks!
    mkelley65 likes this.
    01-28-13 12:37 AM