Hi all,

I am having a strange problem with my playbook and it happens randomly.
    My playbook will Restart when I press Turn Off via battery indicator or Power Off app.

Anyone having similar problem? Thanks

Software OS Version: 1.0.8.6067
    12-25-11 10:51 PM
    Haven't seen that problem posted before. If you haven't tried a 3-button reboot (press vol + vol- and the power button & hold them until the pb powers off) that's where I'd start. When my pb does something weird (which isn't often) this has always cleared it up.
    12-25-11 11:42 PM
    I have not had this happen on the PB but found your post interesting because I have a Tom-Tom (old) that does the same thing. It will just turn on and start talking, randomly from a turned off but charging state.
    12-26-11 03:56 AM
    The POWER-OFF icon does have a bug. It will RESTART and not work properly.

I've not seen any issues with the BatteryIcon but there might be issues that don't show up often.

But do NOT use that PowerIcon.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-26-11 09:40 AM
    The POWER-OFF icon does have a bug. It will RESTART and not work properly.

I've not seen any issues with the BatteryIcon but there might be issues that don't show up often.

But do NOT use that PowerIcon.
    Thanks for posting this. I've never used the Power Off Icon but will definitely make sure I don't touch it now.
    12-26-11 10:54 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I've never used the Power Off Icon but will definitely make sure I don't touch it now.
    Well, it is not "deadly" but it will restart the pb rather than putting it into standby - I guess that could kill a word doc you were typing or kill a game just as you were finally winning.
    12-26-11 11:37 AM
    i have a weird problem with my pb too, or is a common problem that i dont know.

i put my playbook on to the stanby mode using the power button on the top.

Sometime i swipe or touch the screen, it auto on itself.
    01-01-12 11:55 PM
    The pb has two "standby" kind of modes. There is a SCREEN blank but standby does not immediately occur and then standby. In the interim, if you touch it, it will come back to life. The real standby needs the swipe or button press.

There are two settings - screen blank (or off) and standby and you can set the timers differently.
    01-02-12 12:32 AM
    Is the Playbook plugged in? I have found that leaving it on AC will allow any touch to wake it back up but if I am using the battery (if you put it to sleep and then unplug it, wait a few seconds to try it), the swipe is needed to wake it up.
    01-02-12 11:44 PM
    I have not had this happen on the PB but found your post interesting because I have a Tom-Tom (old) that does the same thing. It will just turn on and start talking, randomly from a turned off but charging state.
    That's because of creepy Tom Tom ghosts..exorcism recommended.
    01-03-12 12:40 AM
    I am getting one less possessed because my Neal (spouse) got a new Garmon for Xmas and is giving me his old one (no complaints, I got the Playbook ) but it does make you wonder about common internal components.
    01-03-12 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD