I'm at Dufferin Mall . Went to Best buy and Source looking to price a PB64. They both told me it was discontinued. I pressed them both & asked - at your store, your location, what? BestBuy was worst, took several attempts to clarify that the company is no longer carrying PB. Source told me they were all recalled and they said BB were going to stop making them. When I emphatically told sales person that was untrue, she said that is what they have heard. So rumouring not making & so not selling them anymore.
    Where do I shop for a good deal on one, as I love my 32 and now looking for a 64
    03-19-13 10:25 AM
    Painting's been on the wall for a long time. BB has been dumping their inventory for months, I doubt that the have been placing any new orders with their suppliers.
    03-19-13 10:46 AM
    I'm at Dufferin Mall . Went to Best buy and Source looking to price a PB64. They both told me it was discontinued. I pressed them both & asked - at your store, your location, what? BestBuy was worst, took several attempts to clarify that the company is no longer carrying PB. Source told me they were all recalled and they said BB were going to stop making them. When I emphatically told sales person that was untrue, she said that is what they have heard. So rumouring not making & so not selling them anymore.
    Where do I shop for a good deal on one, as I love my 32 and now looking for a 64
    They're probably talking about PlayBook WiFi. PlayBook LTE can be bought from carrier channels. I saw them on display at the Best Buy near the Mississauga-Oakville border on the weekend.
    03-19-13 10:55 AM
    Try ebay.
    03-19-13 10:56 AM
    Painting's been on the wall for a long time. BB has been dumping their inventory for months, I doubt that the have been placing any new orders with their suppliers.
    If that were true, they wouldn't have released the 1.5 GHZ cellular PlayBook in Europe this past November.

BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ 32GB Now Available in the UK - BerryReview
    03-19-13 10:56 AM
    Don't know about eBay - only looked at the one mentioned here a few days ago; visited the eBay shop, did not ship to Canada and looked very expensive. Want new, not returned or used. Anywhere else except eBay ? Thx
    03-19-13 11:33 AM
    Amazon has the 64GB for $228.00 US for the WiFi version. Will they ship to Canada?
    03-19-13 11:45 AM
    Try ebay.
    Or call this one

Best Buy
    2500 Winston Park Dr
    Oakville, ON L6H 7E5
    03-19-13 12:29 PM
    The Playbook sells well in the UK
    03-19-13 12:33 PM
    Non LTE were all shipped to Europe, USA is Apple daft and sold on vanity.....Orange and Apple's...rotting to the core, PB is VERY popular in UK.
    03-19-13 02:16 PM
    That's what the local Best Buy told me two years ago.
    03-19-13 02:25 PM
    Yes, but Best Buy was consulting the Mayan Calendar.
    AWB70, sparrow300 and bezag like this.
    03-19-13 03:34 PM
    before the product was out...ok
    bezag likes this.
    03-19-13 05:06 PM
    At least they stopped saying that BlackBerry is out of business!

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and bezag like this.
    03-19-13 05:16 PM
    At least they stopped saying that BlackBerry is out of business!

Posted via CB10
    No doubt!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 05:21 PM
    Go to amazon.com. I am sure one of the numerous sellers of the PB 64gb will ship it to you outside of the US.
    03-19-13 05:22 PM
    Yes, but Best Buy was consulting the Mayan Calendar.
    __

LOL. Well, so maybe that particular store is not stocking the current version of PB. I wouldn't try to second guess the reason for that.
    03-19-13 09:14 PM
    I find it pretty odd that they still list the playbook as a current for sale device on the official BB website yet new models can rarely be found in stores. I might speculate ( excuse me Rubber Chicken) that BB was maybe thinking about selling more 7 inch PB's ( with the faster chip) once BB10 was available. Just keeping their options open at this point.
    03-19-13 09:51 PM
    I thought that BlackBerry withdrew Best Buy as an authorised retailer for PlayBook. That may explain the lack of stock.
    03-19-13 10:14 PM
    It was the Playbook 16gig that was discontinue a while back. The other two are still being made.
    Wilsonia Goldens likes this.
    03-20-13 07:54 AM
    Ok, so I'm in Canada - Toronto, so are you saying I should look on Amazon if I want a 64g PB?
    This conversation raises another question - what about future support for service, parts, replacements, etc??
    03-20-13 09:42 AM
    Any thoughts on this? So I. Just checked with Amazon.ca and eBay. Basically, using best price at Amazon, I get a new in box for about $70. more than eBay, so I think Amazon's better in the end. Any thoughts?
    03-20-13 10:40 AM
    Who is selling the Amazon ones? Who, the ebay?

Parts - well, hopefully, bbry will still be around if you do need warranty repair. No one knows what's what with battery replacement. But by then the tech will be really dated and newer better devices probably available.
    03-20-13 11:09 AM
    I bought mine from Rakuten.com
    ordered it refurbished from seller TechTurnLTD, it was $113 and some change with shipping
    i ordered 16 gig, received 32 gig brand F'n new! i was verrry surprised it was brand new, but it makes sense, all the stores that had them in stock cleared their inventory without selling them off. so somewhere, is a warehouse full of brand new unsold playbooks.
    Im thinking about buying another one to have as a back up in case this one gets stolen, i think playbook is worth it.
    03-20-13 11:34 AM
    I don't see 64gb listed, but six of the Toronto area Walmats have 32gb PlayBooks in stock and at $148.
    03-20-13 01:01 PM
103 123 ...