I have a strange problem, my settings for Storage and Sharing disappeared (I purchased playbook in USA about 2 weeks ago, it worked well, I loaded about 20 GB of content in it using USB cable and mass storage, before going back to Europe). But as I found out yesterday, it is not working anymore, it is not visible in my notebook Win7 64bit. But as I said, it was working few days ago, installation of drivers was without a problem.

What can I do now? Maybe reset it to factory settings? In that case I will lose my photos taken with playbook and everything I loaded there so far

I looked through this forum, but none of advices I found is working for me. I upgraded BDS (even wit latest version 6.1.0.35, it tells me, that my PB doesn�t support file transfers because "your device is not compatible with this feature"), I tried to reboot everything, I tried putting my IP for wifi transfers (but I would prefer USB because of speed), without any success.

But I think that main problem is in playbook, which is not showing me the settings in Storage and Sharing (before, there were settings to turn on/off wifi file sharing and others, now I have empty window, don�t know which stupid thing I did, to have this result

Strange...

Hope my english is OK and I would be glad if anyone can help
    07-11-11 03:22 AM
    Are you currently connected to Wifi that both the PC and the Playbook can use to transfer the file?

Have you tried rebooting the Playbook and or a hard reset?

Are you in a country where the Playbook is supported and you have access to AppWorld? If you are in an unsupported country, you may loose a lot of functionality/programs if you do a security wipe or debrick.
    07-11-11 11:29 AM
    Yes I am connected to same wifi as my laptop. I tried to reboot both. I did reset pushing power + volume up/down at same time, I think that this is hard reset (well, the power button is hard to push, but I hope I did it right

I am in Czech republic, and yes I can use Appworld, I downloaded and installed few free apps, just to be sure.

But as I said, when I started my playbook after purchase in Best buy, everything was completely OK (with the same laptop). I loaded lots of things inside.

And just to be sure what I meant in title of thread, on this page -> [HTML]http://blog.cellular-solutions.co.uk/2011/06/how-to-use-your-wi-fi-to-copy-files-to.html[/HTML] you see settings, that I dont have anymore, I can see only the title ("Storage and Sharing") and description ("Manage access to files stored on your tablet"), rest of menu is blank...

I am almost decided to do a complete wipe of device, but still afraid that after I erase everything, I still will not have these settings. That my PB will be just an empty web reader, because without a chance to load some content in it, it�s not fun anymore.

From what I have read here on the forum, I am first one who has this problem, maybe I should celebrate for discovering something new
    07-11-11 11:57 AM
    Have you done any OS updates since you bought the Playbook? Since a few OS updates back, the OS updates in two steps, the first is the base OS and then after you set your country and agree to the license terms, it will then do another update, getting parts of the OS and programs specific to your country. You may have lost some functionality in an OS update if the Playbook is not officially sold in your country. There was a thread a when this first started happening where a user in China lost most functionality, including AppWord, so he could not load any new programs, just browse the internet.

You should probably call Rim support and see what they suggest.
    07-11-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD