the demo model was bricked. how is anyone gonna buy one with a bricked demo . i got it up and running and downloaded latest software and left with the demo hd video running......at least there is a chance now,
    09-23-11 10:05 AM
    It is probably a sign of redemption... I'm sure there will be hope...
    09-23-11 10:16 AM
    I have yet to walk into a Best Buy store and pick up a Playbook that is working. Sad...
    09-23-11 11:02 AM
    Best Buy is in trouble and they're in trouble because, as far as retail operations go, they basically suck balls. How could any decent retailer be OK with demo units not being operational? The last time I was in a Best Buy even the islab demo unit wasn't working.
    mathprof08 likes this.
    09-23-11 11:26 AM
    Apples always work.... maybe apple is bricking the competitors lol I find it funny how the apple ipad's get their only area where everything is is usually stuck in the phone are.
    09-23-11 11:30 AM
    RIMM stock had a slight bounce today. Maybe that was from your actions clearing out alot of BB inventory.

Theres been alot of talk on BB not giving PB love. Have you guys thought it might not just be as simple as BB somehow hating RIMM? Companies like making money. The ygive shelf space and display space to companies that make them money. That one ipad they might have on display? yeah that 2x2 ft display nets them hundreds of thousands. That RIMM display? yeah maybe a couple hundred.
    Plus, companies that own the product have to provide that support to the sellers. Have you noticed apple very very selectively chooses which suppliers to stock? Because I'm sure they have reps go around, and if a seller isn't meeting that minimum standard, they get yanked. So the stores have to ensure they maintain that display. RIMM doesn't sem to have anything as such. Its not just one or two stores apparently, its all of them. It might be because RIMM isn't caring enough about its creation, not because BB somehow isn't.

the demo model was bricked. how is anyone gonna buy one with a bricked demo . i got it up and running and downloaded latest software and left with the demo hd video running......at least there is a chance now,
    09-23-11 11:38 AM
    same here. the demo unit was broken at two local BB stores. all other tablets were working and were in good shape. sounds like conspiracy to me.
    09-23-11 12:10 PM
    After reading and responding to a couple of forums this week, I was drawn to wanting to visit the surrounding Best Buy, Future Shop and Staples stores we have up here on the north shore of Montreal. Its funny how I was expecting the same type of horror stories I've been reading. Folks, I am pleased to announce that they were all very pleasant visits. All 3 had well displayed functional Playbooks. Most of them even had a transparent sticker that did the whole bezel which helps explain its interactions. I even took the time to ask for the manager, explain the bad experience people are writing about and congratulate him. When all was said and done, I made sure to play the preloaded HD demo video the Playbook comes with and kept it on a loop. A lot of people actually stopped, looked at the video and then demoed the Playbook.

My wife thinks I'm nuts and I told her that she's probably right, but what wrong is there in promoting a product you believe in? Anyhow, I had to share this positive experience with you all.

Keepin' the faith people.
    09-23-11 05:41 PM
    Same old story over and over again..

Sigh....They suck, we know.

Tim
    09-23-11 06:37 PM
    yeah... in here... they have iPads on display for any customer to try. I wasnt aware a store was selling PB until i specifically asked the seller about and they went into the storage room to get one for me to see.
    09-23-11 06:59 PM
    Every bestbuy i go to 1 out of 3 stores works. I try get it running and updated to. The majority of pb arent updated smh.
    09-23-11 10:06 PM
    Just heard today that Best Buy spends more and hires fewer as the holiday season approaches, I hope they would be focusing on the quality of their products not the quantity of their employees.. And I hope by then they could really deliver added advantages to give customers confidence that they're spending wisely while enjoying a convenient, service-oriented shopping experience.
    10-01-11 04:41 AM
    Do stores/employees get quotas for sales of apple products or they will be pulled? I've heard that if they sell so many apple products there incentives to do so. If that is true no wonder they push apple in your face.

I wouldn't put it past some fans intentionally bricking things but more then likely some kid did it. RIM needs a display model that isn't able to be bricked but that still doesn't stop things like being unplugged or someone breaking the usb port so it can't be charged.
    10-01-11 08:54 AM
    This is something that has really bothered me recently as well. My local Best Buy has zero day software on it and someone has deleted all of the apps off of it!? Gone are the music, videos, and App World. The only thing that remains is the browser and the shortcuts to AOL and such.

First, I didn't even think it was possible to remove App World off the device? Second, when I went to update the software on their shotty wireless network and it ended up failing to install (even after it took an entire DAY to download). I've tried twice now. A simple hook-up to the desktop manager would probably fix this simple problem but you don't see the blue shirts doing that. Nooo, come look at these glorious, wonderful, magical, outstanding, (to save space: ) amazing, white, thin slates with fruit on the back of them.

(Kind of a rant but the employees should be a little more aware. I know, I worked there!)
    10-01-11 09:42 AM
    I was at bestbuy yesterday and picked up a demo but it was locked to see if it was up to date
    10-01-11 09:46 AM
    When I was at office depot the wifi there was terrible also. The sales guy hooked it up to a myfi or something like that. Updated and working.
    10-01-11 09:49 AM
    I was at bestbuy yesterday and picked up a demo but it was locked to see if it was up to date
    RIM really should block the lock feature on floor models. As well as the ability to delete all the apps!!

When I was at office depot the wifi there was terrible also. The sales guy hooked it up to a myfi or something like that. Updated and working.
    Ideally, I would have done this or bridged it to my BB. Unfortunately, I don't have a myfi and Bridge won't work with updates (as far as I'm aware).
    10-01-11 09:54 AM
    Borrow one of your friends android or iphone and do it thru the hotspot lol. I know probably not an option.
    10-01-11 09:56 AM
    I agree with you RenownedAnonymous about blocking the lock feature on floor models.
    10-01-11 10:02 AM
    Borrow one of your friends android or iphone and do it thru the hotspot lol. I know probably not an option.
    Use an IPHONE or ANDROID to fix a BLACKBERRY?! Your comment is ludicrous, sir!

(By the way, I would if any of them had the hotspot feature.. but no luck)
    10-01-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD