Please!!! Apple, Samsung, Blackberry etc. are all different companies!
    blackberry has loyal followers because of there longevity in the field and the same with the other companies. Each company has flirted with bankruptcy( including apple). Why is rim so different?

im on no sides but i do love my Playbook
    02-08-12 08:44 PM
    I agree. Each device serves its own purpose. I own 2 PBs, an iPad, nook color tablet, and a kindle. I travel a lot and each device serves me well depending where I go and how long I will be gone. However, I never leave home without my PB or iPad.

I use my 64G PB for media... Watching movies and listening to music. I also use it for email, reading technical PDFs, and web browsing. I look forward to 2.0 so I can expand its use.

I use my iPad to read books (kindle, nook), VPN to my office (I cant do it on the PB because it does not support PPTP and if it did I like the larger screen especially when I use RDP. It also servers me well when family members who have iPads, iPhones, or the iPad touch and want to use Facetime.

BTW I use a droid phone.

My nook color is smaller and lighter and is perfect for reading novels on the plane. I just came back from a 10 hour flight and the nook was perfect for me.

My kindle is the ultimate outdoor reader. Whenever I am at a pool, the lake or beach nothing woks better than the Kindle.

Some of you may say I have too many devices and I could use the PB for all that I mentioned but I am the one who is on the road for over 90 days a year and have been traveling for over 20 years.

I LOVE my PB but I also love my other devices. Maybe someday someone will create something that can truly do it all. But until that day..... I will keep traveling with multiple devices.

I use a computer backpack (Northface Surge) to carry my 11" Macbook air, iPad, and PB. It also carry's various adapters, power cords, pens, paper, personal items and my wallet. If I am traveling to a warm weather location then my kindle also fits in my pack

My Timbuk 2 computer bag carries my McBook Pro and various adapters, power cords.

I work in IT and 2 computers are necessay.

As you can see I use many different devices and all work well for me. There is no need for me to compare because they all serve me well.

BTW the second PB is a 16G I use as a backup. when the 64G went on sale I had to have one.
    02-08-12 09:12 PM
    Your Playbook is an inanimate object. If get that upset over the fact that people are critical of RIM, you really should take a step back and try to get some perspective. RIM is a company that has screwed up pretty badly over the past few years. They also make some good products. People can criticize, compare, and analyze to their hearts' content. If it bothers you, don't read the stuff.
    CDM76 and Richdog- like this.
    02-08-12 09:18 PM
    Thanks. I thought I was the only one who is about to break down in tears when someone says RIM is dead
    02-08-12 09:21 PM
    aha what? highly inaccurate and nonrelevant to anything i said.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-08-12 09:25 PM
    the fact that the media pits companies against each other is dumb. everyone has something good to offer and every person has a preference i what i meant
    kennyliu and Willard814 like this.
    02-08-12 09:26 PM
    What do you mean by "Stop the Comparisons!!!!"??

How would people decide which device(s) are best for them if you don't compare them? Personally I own many devices and I find my 9810 to be the best phone for me and my PB to be the best tablet for me. If I didn't compare I wouldn't know that.
    02-08-12 09:30 PM
    the fact that the media pits companies against each other is dumb. everyone has something good to offer and every person has a preference i what i meant
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. There have been quite a few posts by people who claimed that they had a heart attack because someone said something bad about the Playbook or RIM, as if someone humiliated them personally
    ambarmetta likes this.
    02-08-12 09:33 PM
    stop the comparisons! Buy a PB, and iPad and an ICS. They are all different! So you need all three.

SOrry, everybody compares, especially when one's hard earn money is on the line.
    02-08-12 09:48 PM
    ...And their image/reputation.
    02-08-12 09:52 PM
    There are lots of comparisons... even Support for devices ... this one made me LOL...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI[/YT]
    02-08-12 10:05 PM
    I agree that comparison is dumb and quite childish, but it also or should provide us cheaper products due to competitions between the companies
    02-08-12 10:50 PM
    Comparisons are a good thing, the actual bashing of one product or another is not.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    02-08-12 11:28 PM
    this is the dumbest thing i have read on these forums.
    people compare similar products/services all the time;

ps3/xbox
    ford/chevy
    samsung tv/LG tv
    walmart/taget

its part of being a smart consumer.
    don't like it? move to a communist country.
    JELLOMAN99 and kennyliu like this.
    02-08-12 11:37 PM
    I use my 64G PB for media... Watching movies and listening to music. I also use it for email, reading technical PDFs, and web browsing. I look forward to 2.0 so I can expand its use.

I use my iPad to read books (kindle, nook), VPN to my office (I cant do it on the PB because it does not support PPTP and if it did I like the larger screen especially when I use RDP. It also servers me well when family members who have iPads, iPhones, or the iPad touch and want to use Facetime.
    So you use you Playbook for media and music and you use your iPad for work ???
    It might just be me but that seems a$$ backwards !!!

02-08-12 11:58 PM
    There are lots of comparisons... even Support for devices ... this one made me LOL...

Really, really cute.
    Thanks for sharing!
    02-09-12 12:27 AM
    Nearly choked on my coffee at that BBC video! Especially the part about the "dongle." Takes me back a few years to this classic bit of advertising double-entendre:

http://jillsommer.files.wordpress.co.../10/dongle.jpg

RCK
    02-09-12 01:24 AM
    So you use you Playbook for media and music and you use your iPad for work ???
    It might just be me but that seems a$$ backwards !!!

I think beside the difference between screen size, iPad software availability and quality is way, way superior than Playbook. Unless any work and productivity thing you need to do are browser-related
    02-09-12 04:13 AM
    Please!!! Apple, Samsung, Blackberry etc. are all different companies!
    blackberry has loyal followers because of there longevity in the field and the same with the other companies. Each company has flirted with bankruptcy( including apple). Why is rim so different?

im on no sides but i do love my Playbook
    Appeals to people's good nature on a forum which grants a measure of distant anonymity don't work. My signature however does

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 04:28 AM
    You mean you don't want me to do a comparison of my Playbook and my new toaster?
    02-09-12 06:05 AM

Quite possibly the most coherent and relevant post I've seen on this forum so far.
    02-09-12 07:46 AM
    You mean you don't want me to do a comparison of my Playbook and my new toaster?
    Only if the toaster looks like this:
    02-09-12 07:48 AM
    I think beside the difference between screen size, iPad software availability and quality is way, way superior than Playbook. Unless any work and productivity thing you need to do are browser-related
    Agreed, RDP works much better on a 10 inch screen. I can attend online conferences and webinars on my iPad using Webex.
    02-09-12 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD