Not sure when or how it happened but after a week of checking every possible car, office and room in the house, it is gone.

It was password protected but certainly not a strong one.
    I don't recall my PIN, can i recover that via any of the connection settings in my bridged 9900?
    And if so, has anyone actually had any luck with video calling a stolen PB? if the current owner wiped it, would the pin still work?

Did anyone have any luck calling RIM? did they have any suggestions or options. I still have the box, and hence serial number.

As far as reporting it to the police...i work in two different cities and live in a third, not sure if they would even take my report if I tell them might have been taken 85 miles away on the other coast.

any feed back would be appreciated.
    05-04-12 08:06 AM
    Your PIN# would be on your desktop manager software, if you did backups.

Call your insurance companies to see if you would be covered for loss (both car and home).

Call RIMM support, they can flag the PIN# and deactivate it.
    05-04-12 08:40 AM
    As far as reporting it to the police...i work in two different cities and live in a third, not sure if they would even take my report if I tell them might have been taken 85 miles away on the other coast.

any feed back would be appreciated.
    Since you asked for any feedback, might I point out the three coasts of the United States of America are decidedly farther apart than 85 miles. I am quite certain that you meant to say the tablet was stolen 85 miles from where you were working/living when on the other coast. Then again parts of Florida would fit that description as well.

As others have mentioned, the PIN will be part of the BlackBerry Desktop Software device profile, default, and possible even part of the backup file name. Contact BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support and report the tablet as stolen and then the PIN can be deactivated to prevent access to BlackBerry AppWorld or other BlackBerry services. Hopefully, you have a recent backup.
    05-04-12 08:54 AM
    Since you asked for any feedback, might I point out the three coasts of the United States of America are decidedly farther apart than 85 miles. I am quite certain that you meant to say the tablet was stolen 85 miles from where you were working/living when on the other coast. Then again parts of Florida would fit that description as well.
    I think he may have meant three cities, two coasts, the Gulf Coast and the Atlantic coast of Florida.
    05-04-12 09:23 AM
    <------ ID10T

My apologies for not getting back to this post.

yes I was being generous about the distance....it was tampa-orlando

I have BB backup files floating around harddrives going back to 8700s, to my own surprise, I never backed up my PB. I never had to, it always worked, all updates always worked, I never installed leaked beta software as I did on my BB

I found it today...in my car no less. It was stuck to the bottom of the car/service manual faux leather binder. I lifted up the entire package at least three times in my search for the PB. It was not until I had car trouble today and pulled the 5" stack of books/manuals/pamphlets/catalogs/stickers apart, that I found it.

Thanks for the responses.

Now where can i download the PB version of lo-jack?

Did i mention I feel like an i.d.i.o.t. ?
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-24-12 10:21 PM
    As has been said before - time for you to purchase a lottery ticket.

Congrats on finding the hidden pb. Now, also, back it up.
    05-24-12 11:03 PM
    How did it get there in the first place?
    05-24-12 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD