When if ever will BBM be released for playbook, Im hearing around the forums that currently you cant even bridge your z10 to the playbook to use bbm? What the h*ll rim bbry, are you forgetting that without the playbook users your bb10 would be nothing more than a thought. Show us some love for God sakes, if you wont update to bb10, give us the apps atleast. Its been a complaint since the thing was released, and from the beginning theyve been saying BBM is coming, Native BBM dont worry, well? where is it? not even a mention or a date, forgive my rant but this is irritating the life out of me.
    daedone, KOOLWATER and samsung10 like this.
    02-06-13 11:00 AM
    When if ever will BBM be released for playbook, Im hearing around the forums that currently you cant even bridge your z10 to the playbook to use bbm? What the h*ll rim bbry, are you forgetting that without the playbook users your bb10 would be nothing more than a thought. Show us some love for God sakes, if you wont update to bb10, give us the apps atleast. Its been a complaint since the thing was released, and from the beginning theyve been saying BBM is coming, Native BBM dont worry, well? where is it? not even a mention or a date, forgive my rant but this is irritating the life out of me.
    Well well.. It would appear that I'm not the only one. However I feel that I must take you to task here erodenero!

I am the one that gets the infringements or whatever they are on this forum. If this is some type of covert operation to undermine my status as the renegade who has no regard for the never never land that RIM live in but tells it as it is.

Shame on you, but do you like pate, I'm having a little shindig. (that's a bit like an unsophisticated wine an cheese party)!
    02-06-13 01:35 PM
    Well well.. It would appear that I'm not the only one. However I feel that I must take you to task here erodenero!

I am the one that gets the infringements or whatever they are on this forum. If this is some type of covert operation to undermine my status as the renegade who has no regard for the never never land that RIM live in but tells it as it is.

Shame on you, but do you like pate, I'm having a little shindig. (that's a bit like an unsophisticated wine an cheese party)!
    lol so i assume a duel is in order then! but atleast we are on the same page.
    perhaps some pate would be appropriate for this situation, but i'll wait til we get some kind of info on playbook updates until we start partying (im not holding my breath)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-06-13 04:01 PM
    I posted about this as well about 3 weeks ago and the response is it should be or will be coming to bb10 for playbook.
    02-06-13 04:18 PM
    I found it!! BBM & BB Travel are hanging out with the cool apps like Skype and Netflix just out of reach of the PlayBook...
    02-06-13 06:26 PM
    I think they are planning to change things. Have native BBM and have everything calender, messages, and bbm sync automatically over the cloud between the 2 devices using the same BBID. The only way I see native BBM onthe playbook working. Explains the shift to bbid from pin.
    02-06-13 09:05 PM
    Yes, I'm another loyal BB user who is frustrated. I really loved how perfectly my torch bridged with my PlayBook. I answered all business emails away from my office using my PlayBook and keyboard bridged to my work cell. Now from what I understand there are no plans to have email, bbm, contacts etc bridged? Totally destroys how I conduct business away from the office. I alone stood up for bbm when the office decided to follow all the sheep who left BlackBerry for the iPhone. Guess I'm going to be the chump at work. With all the time it took to release the Z10 and they couldn't keep the bridge working like it was or improve it, they had to remove one of it's best features? I absolutely love the Z10 as a cell phone but as a business tool it's fallen way short of my low expectations. Hope I hear that it's going to be resolved very shortly or else I will give up on BlackBerry, as will a lot of other bb users I know. Why do they only partially get things right, why can't they do it right, do they ever ask their customers ?
    heppyX likes this.
    02-18-13 12:01 AM
    lol so i assume a duel is in order then! but atleast we are on the same page.
    perhaps some pate would be appropriate for this situation, but i'll wait til we get some kind of info on playbook updates until we start partying (im not holding my breath)
    Exactly my sentiment you fine chap. Asparagus tips at 20 paces it will be then and if you find anything out about the pb in the meantime without turning blue holding your breath, please don't tell me at the moment. I am presently a little preoccupied with trying to find my brown paper bag.
    02-18-13 06:36 AM
    At this point, I'd rather BlackBerry come through on the apps they promised for the Z10 than get bbm for the playbook. I love my playbook, but realistically BlackBerry is not going to focus on it for a while

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 06:42 AM
    At this point, I'd rather BlackBerry come through on the apps they promised for the Z10 than get bbm for the playbook. I love my playbook, but realistically BlackBerry is not going to focus on it for a while

Posted via CB10
    They haven't focused on the PlayBook ever IMHO. I'm starting to doubt if it will even get BB10 anymore, especially after seeing how many things are missing from BB10 at the moment.
    02-18-13 07:25 AM
    I alone stood up for bbm when the office decided to follow all the sheep who left BlackBerry for the iPhone. Guess I'm going to be the chump at work.
    I'm in the same boat. We recently went the BYOD because people were tired of carrying around two devices (only company issued BlackBerrys were allowed into our BES, and no company issued phone was allowed for personal use.)

Now that Work/Personal profiles have come into play, it'd be great to re-unify. Video Chat would be an awesome way to contact offsite team members.
    02-18-13 07:26 AM
    I'm still patiently waiting for BBM on my PB but BBRY really tests our patience.
    02-23-13 07:35 AM
    When BB10 is released for playbook thats when we will see BBM back, but maybe blackberry will be nice and allow us a small update in the next week coming to allow BBM again over playbook.
    02-23-13 07:37 AM
    When BB10 is released for playbook thats when we will see BBM back, but maybe blackberry will be nice and allow us a small update in the next week coming to allow BBM again over playbook.
    Please don't hold your breath. I don't want to think about yet another BB member being assimilated by the dark side.
    02-23-13 11:03 AM
    When I bought my PlayBook actually I bought it for my girlfriend. She is mostly at home and she is using the PB frequently. I thought PB is coming with a standalone BBM. I figured out you need an extra BB device with Bridge mode for that... This is really frustrating. PlayBook is an individual equipment with individual PIN why the h..ll it can not have BBM?
    10-01-13 04:09 AM
    When I bought my PlayBook actually I bought it for my girlfriend. She is mostly at home and she is using the PB frequently. I thought PB is coming with a standalone BBM. I figured out you need an extra BB device with Bridge mode for that... This is really frustrating. PlayBook is an individual equipment with individual PIN why the h..ll it can not have BBM?
    First, welcome to Crackberry.

BB, the company, has pretty much stopped developing for the Playbook. They never got far along in some development and BBM for the PB did not happen or be offered as a standalone app. It will probably never happen unfortunately.
    10-01-13 08:45 AM
    I guess it is just like what's app that is also just available for the cell phone. If I remember correctly , the what's app account is linked to a cell phone number and not to an email account.
    10-02-13 03:01 PM
    BB10 on phones uses a later version of the QNX kernel than is used on the Playbook. What problems would this cause if the Playbook kernel could not be updated?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-02-13 03:13 PM
    If BBM is being hived off as a separate company we could see a PB version paid for app, which given we have a PIN would be disgraceful if it more than a dollar a year...thats still a few million dollars bread and butter though. One would expect it free, one is now ultimately faced with BIS removal on BB10 devices that BBM will be a extra at cost ongoing...

PB users should have use of PIN at minimal/free cost as PBBB10 is shelved, having your cake and eat it is demolishing your consumer base BB, but then you know this, it's reflected in your burning bank balance.
    cduke66 likes this.
    10-02-13 10:11 PM
    You gotta love this ****...
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/800x600/822/84n7.png
    Attached Thumbnails Still no BBM for the playbook?-img_00000203.jpg   Still no BBM for the playbook?-img_00000203.jpg  
    10-02-13 10:29 PM
    I want also BBM on my playbook 2.1.
    Why THEY did not make it...????
    10-06-13 09:02 AM
    You can get it via Bridge.
    10-06-13 09:20 AM
    Yeah, funny it's on my iphone, but not my PB
    10-22-13 07:19 PM
    Never happen. PB is the redheaded ******* step child. Put it in a potatoe sack...the water barrel is just over yonder...
    10-23-13 10:03 AM
    Way to see that playbook as half full. Wonderful outlook.
    10-23-13 12:58 PM
33 12