I still love my PlayBook even though it is old and not terribly quick. Use it for occasional web browsing (when I'm not in a rush!). Always use it for music. Love the Globe and Mail App in the AM while having a coffee.

BlackBerry Bridge is still great. Love being able to access text messages and BBM when my Z30 is charging.

It's not the best tablet anymore but I still find it useful for some tasks.

Anybody else still use theirs regularly?

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30.
    edwinsberry and extisis like this.
    01-24-15 10:05 PM
    Yeah, I still use it regularly as well, mostly for web browsing and Reddit, which I only recently started reading.

I have an HP TouchPad with Cyanogenmod 11 (KitKat 4.4.4) and it's just too big and heavy in comparison. I use the PlayBook more.
    01-24-15 10:15 PM
    I use the PlayBook daily for these tasks:
    -All things PIM
    -Listening to music
    -Reading news via the app "Taptu"
    -Playing games (there are still tons of games I haven't finished)
    -Using twitter via the app "Willow"
    -Watching videos while riding the train

There's nothing that I really miss doing with my PlayBook. But then I don't know what the latest android and ipad devices would allow me to do.

-pac

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:13 AM
    Got my 6 4GB playbook crammed full with music. Most of my library fits in there. Got my blackberry media gateway hooked up to my stereo and now stream my music via Bluetooth!

Only annoying thing is that the native music app on the PlayBook only allows for one playlist. So I have resorted to making the Playlists on my Z10 and transferring the playlist file over to the PlayBook which works a treat.

So to answer your question, the PlayBook is being used daily to listen to music and stream radio from the Internet in my living room

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:16 AM
    I am using my LTE PlayBook, and I am still using my limited, but reliable tablet. I am still deeply in love, unwaverable.
    extisis likes this.
    01-25-15 09:54 AM
    I just started going back to college and bring my pb with the keyboard case for recording classes if I need to. When at home, I use it to listen to Pandora while doing homework. It's still used as a movie docket with hdmi to the tv and Showbox.

Also use it for reading books off Kobo in bed too. Still greatly useful for my needs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-15 03:20 PM
    Every night!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-25-15 03:21 PM
    Oh yeah forgot to mention I use it as a ebook reader with the app 'playepub' which I like and is worth 89 eurocents.
    I also use the playbook to annotate pdfs with 'pdf reader', also worth 89 eurocents. This is great for university scripts which often come as pdfs.
    -pac

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:02 PM
    Yes. I use it for live streaming TV almost every day and for reading books using Kobo now and then.
    However, it is getting slow and reception is not as good as on Z30 or the Passport. The screen is unbeatable for media consumption.
    For textediting, email and websurfing, the passport is much better.
    01-25-15 09:20 PM
    Use it almost every night. Amusingly, Crackberry loads the slowest. Pretty much just use for Web browsing
    01-25-15 09:25 PM
    My 32G PB is loaded with all my utility maps and as built plans for my utility plants and other various items. I use it daily as a work diary and backup email device, also. Does everything I ever needed it to
    01-25-15 09:35 PM
    I rarely use tablets now that I have my Nexus 6 but I use my playbook before I ever use my iPad. Its great for music...fantastic for music. I love playing games on it with those speakers and it is so fluid. I don't need another tablet. The playbook is great. Web browsing isn't great but my iPad mini 2 isn't better. My Nexus 6 is but hell that is tech 3 or 4 years later. Anyway I bought my playbook on launch and I still love it. Which is good because I paid the insane day one price for the 64 GB version.

PlayBook UK likes this.
    01-25-15 09:40 PM
    Still using mine for email, Remote Desktop to work PCs, Sirius Satellite Radio, Movie and Sports streaming, weather apps and games. I paid full price at launch so I'm going to get a much as I can out of this tablet. Still doing going good.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:19 AM
    Hardly touch mine since I got Z10
    01-27-15 08:27 AM
    Still use mine daily for maintaining excel spreadsheets and surfing the web. Also you just can't beat having the PB bridged to my 9810.
    01-27-15 08:29 AM
    Grandkids use mine to play Disney Movies. I loaded my 64 GB up with just about the whole catalog. It makes a very good Video Player.

I bought a new Windows Tablet.... Blend get me most of my Z10 communications abilities when I'm on the go (but no browser - not that I could stand using the Bridge Browser). And it is literally years ahead of what the PlayBook is. It's only shortcoming is the speakers... but they there are headphones for that.
    01-27-15 08:45 AM
    Multimedia (music and movies) and web browsing (flash). Still love the screen and sound and I have every kind of non-Apple device available. Flash browsing still acceptable and not many issues compared to android. Origami browser lets me control configuration with one touch. A great browser and wish the developer had done more work for the PlayBook...
    01-27-15 08:47 AM
    Use it for Disney videos and exercise videos daily between kids and wife.
    Grandkids use mine to play Disney Movies. I loaded my 64 GB up with just about the whole catalog. It makes a very good Video Player.

I bought a new Windows Tablet.... Blend get me most of my Z10 communications abilities when I'm on the go (but no browser - not that I could stand using the Bridge Browser). And it is literally years ahead of what the PlayBook is. It's only shortcoming is the speakers... but they there are headphones for that.
    the_real_mikeyb likes this.
    01-27-15 09:40 AM
    I use mine everyday. Even though it's old technology, Origami, Show Box and the Filsh.net You Tube downloader still makes it very useful for me.
    01-27-15 05:11 PM
    Still use mine as well, though a little less than normal since I got my Classic. Still think it's a great device when I compared it to other devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:11 PM
    Use three. Music, maps in the car, Facebook still, bridged to my torch runs my modified billing system from the field, just to name a few.
    01-30-15 07:04 AM
    I'm still using the PB everyday, had it paired with the 9780, 9900, and the Q10. I ended up going back to the 9780 so that I could schedule clients remotely and use the bridge app in it's best form. I also use the PB to take payments with the Square app sideloaded, granted the swiper doesn't work like it does on my Q10 but i just manually enter it and it's the perfect tool for me!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-31-15 09:24 AM
    I rarely use tablets now that I have my Nexus 6 but I use my playbook before I ever use my iPad. Its great for music...fantastic for music. I love playing games on it with those speakers and it is so fluid. I don't need another tablet. The playbook is great. Web browsing isn't great but my iPad mini 2 isn't better. My Nexus 6 is but hell that is tech 3 or 4 years later. Anyway I bought my playbook on launch and I still love it. Which is good because I paid the insane day one price for the 64 GB version.

at the time i got it it was probably a month after release and it was a corporate prices special for the 64GB version $299. Forgot how much retail price was.
    01-31-15 08:04 PM
    Still use minr, but not at the moment. Charger took a crap on me. A couple of good apps, puzzling games, reading my pdf files and surfing the web.
    02-02-15 04:09 AM
    Is your ShowBox the old version?

Can't get the new one workign decently on pb.. can you toss the bar for it up somewhere? Also teh YT downloader as well.
    I use mine everyday. Even though it's old technology, Origami, Show Box and the Filsh.net You Tube downloader still makes it very useful for me.
    02-02-15 12:18 PM
54 123