it seems most of the time if I try to use the status bar to say check power level of put into standby mode it does not respond - except for the system "gear" - is there a trick here or a setting I need to change. The weird thing is that every so often it works but I can't tell what is making it work on occassion and not the rest of the time

help please
    11-22-11 01:21 PM
    I just determined that if I turned off blue tooth that the status bar was active and turned it back on and still active. There must be a bug here?
    11-22-11 01:54 PM
    I should clarify it only seems the status bar is active when blue tooth is on if my blackberry is locked. We use a firm enterprise server and our bb's lock after a certain length of time. If the bb is unlocked it seems the status bar is inactive - is there a way around this as this is a pain in the ****
    11-22-11 02:08 PM
    Let me ask a question. You are referring to the bar that has the Gear, BatteryIcon, wifi, etc.

And when you tap one of those icons, generally nothing happens?

Have you attempted to rotate the screen upside-down or in portrait and tried? Maybe you screen is not working properly.

I do not believe that corporate policies affect the pb other than for stuff like email and other bridge aspects. I think wifi browsing if you have an open wifi connection would work and the same for the icons.
    11-22-11 04:17 PM
    Yes I am referring to the bar with wifi etc that runs across the top of the screen.

I was not necessaryily saying our corporate policy is the reason so much as when I cannot access my email calender etc but blue tooth is active and I click on messages, for example, I get a screen that asks me to input my password that unlocks my blackberry. As long as it is locked then the status bar is functional. As soon as I enter the password so that the blackberry is unlocked so I can access messages etc the status bar is non-functional.

I turned the screen from landscape to portrait mode and now it works, even when I turn it back to landscape mode.

Weird - I wouldn't think that means a problem with the screen more likely a os issue?

If it occurs again in landscape I will try flipping to portrait and then back.

I sense nobody else has experienced this .
    11-22-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD